Job Number: 210701
Welcome to SapientNitro. We're an agency changing the game -- redefining the way that brands engage consumers by creating compelling stories and experiences that attract and resonate across an ever-evolving landscape. Our work pushes past boundaries and channels. It wins awards. But most importantly, it makes an impact for our clients and their customers. And makes us excited to step through the door each morning. We help one another climb, we don’t climb over one another. Integrity and a team-driven environment connect entrepreneurial minds. Getting goose bumps? Good. If you’re ready to be an Idea Engineer with the brightest minds in the industry and do things that haven't yet been imagined, let’s see where you can put your talents to work.
As Senior Art Director you are responsible for the development and execution of creative concepts for leading-edge marketing and Web solutions. You’ll be working in a creative environment with various designers, copywriters, content strategists, and interactive and front-end developers. We are looking for people who are passionate about design, and crave working with other smart people to solve the toughest design challenges. Your proactive approach to creative problem solving will be essential to the success of your team.
- Develop and frame creative concepts according to creative brief requirements
- Apply brand identity systems, typography, photography, color and other ingredients appropriately to create innovative visual solutions that meet business and user needs
- Visualize, design and conceptualize user experiences
- Create visual prototypes or screens
- Extend existing visual systems/brand guidelines across all mediums with moderate design changes or interpretation
- Provide quality assurance of all creative deliverables
- Contribute to the development of the creative team's culture and quality standards
- Direct contribution to project design and development
- Delegation of day-to-day responsibilities to other designers, art directors, writers and interactive developers
- Educate other team members, not exclusive to the creative team, through project development and performance management
- Present succinct ideas on the team’s behalf to the client
- 8+ years of industry experience
- Strong design portfolio with 4+ years education
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail is a must
- A solid knowledge of the latest versions of applicable programs: Mac OS, Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator, PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.
- A solid understanding of online and offline production
- Passion for design and eagerness to mentor and elevate with other creative people
- Self motivated, organized and accountable
- Experience leading a team of designers, art directors, production specialists and writers to creative excellence
- Well-developed communication skills including ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale to other team members and client
- Understanding of motion design and the strengths and limitations of Flash, Ajax, Flex, and other emerging platforms
- A solid understanding of Informational architecture practices
- Worked in a large group environment of 10+
- Some travel may be required
Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent military experience
SapientNitro, part of Sapient®, is a new breed of agency redefining storytelling for an always-on world. We’re changing the way our clients engage today’s connected consumers by uniquely creating never-ending stories across brand communications, digital engagement, and omni-channel commerce. We call it Storyscaping, where art and imagination meet the power and scale of systems thinking. SapientNitro’s Idea Engineers represent a connected powerhouse of creative, brand and technology expertise - one global team collaborating across disciplines, perspectives and continents to create game-changing success for our Global 1000 clients. We partner with industry-leading clients such as Chrysler, Citi, The Coca-Cola Company, Lufthansa, Target, and Vodafone, in 31 cities across The Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific.