The trusted connection to the networked world.
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. As a premier global provider of telecommunication services, delivering data, voice, video, and managed solutions leveraging a reliable, secure network, Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries.
Our winning team is the essence of today and tomorrow's communications.
At Level 3, people combine challenging work with ingenuity to help each other thrive in our global, fast-paced, and growing company. We believe that speaking the truth, doing what we say we are going to do and having passion for delivering an exceptional customer experience drives our success.
Continually communicates externally with customers. Such communication includes in-person customer appointments, phone calls and emails. Communicates frequently internally to team, peers and senior management regarding sales funnel, orders, installs, churn and revenue of managed local market area. Teams with technical, engineering, customer service, and related support staffs to ensure end-to-end customer sales and satisfaction, thereby driving new revenue growth.
- Primary responsibility is to acquire new business within accounts that have not previously or are not currently doing business with Level 3.
- Responsible for developing sales in the designated target market(s) by identifying new sales opportunities with prospective enterprise customers headquartered in the region by cold calling, premise visits, networking, lead generation, proposal submission, and customer appointments.
- Develop and implement sales plans that provide clearly defined strategies, tactics and timeframes to maximize revenue. Take ownership of the geographic territory designated by management.
- After winning new business, manages customer relationships in order to gain strategic positioning with decision makers, retain existing revenue and obtain additional business.
- Continually learn and develop knowledge of new technologies and selling points including enhancing expertise in the company's products and solutions.
- Utilize Siebel & Salesforce.com to provide accurate and detailed weekly forecast funnel of identified and proposed opportunities in order to meet or exceed sales quota requirements.
Minimum skills required to perform in this role.
Responsible for new acquisition sales within an established geographic territory for enterprise customers.
Will be responsible for selling a complex suite of services and robust product set to drive sales, increase brand awareness, and grow a specific territory.
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience
Education and Experience
- Experience: 5+ yrs
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Field Of Study: Business, marketing, or similar
- A combination of education and experience is acceptable: Yes
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- 5+ years of telecommunications sales experience.
- Experience with Salesforce.com preferred.
- Experience selling IP, data, and voice network services.
- Proven experience hunting, prospecting, and new account development.
- Strong communication, written, and formal presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, results-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimum direction.
- Proficient in MS office products: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.