The sales rep position requires an energetic and dynamic individual to obtain outside sales goals in the local area. The rep will establish new accounts while promoting the EspressoTec and Caffe D'Arte brand to the specialty coffee industry.
Outline of Duties and Responsibilities
- Acquisition of new business
- Cold calling and researching local accounts
- Follow-up on established leads
- Local business development
- Local trade show involvement and networking
Responsibilities and Competencies
In order to perform this job competently the rep should be able to:
- Ensure complete and thorough record keeping by utilizing databases CRM software: for account generation, management and trace follow up as well as a communication and information system for all clients requiring follow-up or action.
- Recognize business concerns and effectively problem solve by building and maintaining relationships with all coffee industry and partners.
- Identify specific information needed by clients to aid in decision making by leading, initiating, organizing and participating in qualified lead generation.
- Build influence with relevant stakeholders by organizing and participating in special promotions with all stakeholders.
- Anticipate potential problems and develop contingency plans by keeping informed about company policies, local and cross jurisdictional business developments.
- Quickly identify and anticipate potential issues with competition relative to sales and marketing for business, including new product releases and price changes.
- Maximize sales potential by aggressively offering all products including coffee, product, and equipment which includes being knowledgeable in all three areas.
- Engage in advanced and ongoing training pertaining to the coffee industry and its related product offerings.
- Support inside sales team through training and coaching, set measurable performance standards, acknowledge and recognize successes, deal quickly with performance issues and communicate feedback when necessary.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Post-Secondary Education in Sales, Marketing or Business Administration
- Minimum 3 to 5 years sales experience with some experience in coffee sales
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment or alone
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- A highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Proven ability to attain and exceed measurable sales and marketing goals. Good working knowledge of database management and CRMs
- Exceptional customer service ability
- Effective negotiating, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills required. Demonstrated ability to influence and develop successful working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to speak another language an asset
Although based in Vancouver, this role requires extensive travel within the Greater Vancouver Area. Working hours will include evenings and weekends dependent upon the clients’ needs.