Sales & Marketing Manager full-time
Canada’s History Society is seeking a creative, results-oriented, experienced sales leader for the role of Manager of Sales and Marketing. As a senior staff member of this small but prestigious national charitable organization your challenge will be to build and personally execute an integrated marketing strategy to help optimize opportunities for revenue growth in our expanding print and online properties and other consumer and educational programs.
You are driven to achieve and surpass sales objectives and will be instrumental in building awareness of the products and programs offered by Canada’s History in the advertising and sponsorship marketplace. You have a deep knowledge of the Canadian cultural market and audiences. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have sales experience in marketing across platforms including event marketing, digital and print media.
- Analyzing current program assets and initiatives for marketing and development and creating and implementing an innovative and strategic sales plan developed in conjunction with the senior leadership team.
- Managing and achieving advertising revenues for Canada’s History Magazine; Kayak Magazine; and CanadasHistory.ca preparing annual budgets, as well as providing quarterly forecasts and monthly sales revenue reports and ongoing strategic direction
- Working with project leaders to develop compelling sales packages and presentations to better promote the Society’s programs and to respond to growing demand and interest in cross-platform marketing opportunities.
- Selling and marketing of a new institutional membership program and developing strategic partnerships to create new and innovative ways to extend the reach of Canadian history to new audiences.
- Overseeing the marketing and sponsorship of major Society events, and working closely with the Society’s development staff to coordinate sponsorship and fundraising efforts and optimize investments for both the Society and its contributors.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience with particular emphasis on integrated and cross platform sales, in particular print, online and special events.
- Experience in sales and marketing opportunities that target a mature audience, (arts and culture, business, news)
- Strong contacts in the national client and ad agency community
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in business or marketing, (or comparable work experience)
- Demonstrated ability for creative/strategic thinking and innovative problem solving skills
- A proven people person with excellent presentation and written communications skills
- Ability to self-direct, juggle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Bilingualism an asset
CLOSING DATE: September 9, 2011