Retail Systems Architect
Salary: $140,000.00 - $180,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (2173)
1650 West 1st Ave Vancouver, British Columbia V6J 1G1 Canada
lululemon athletica Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live long, healthy, and fun lives
Retail Systems Architect
- Based on the organization’s business requirements and goals, participates to the definition of business processes in terms of activities and functions, and develops them into fully operational IT architectures, selecting and applying suitable frameworks and methodologies.
- Manages the IT architecture’s entire lifecycle, understanding changing business requirements and incrementally defining a detailed technical solution.
- Evaluates the IT architecture in terms of balance between benefits, costs, and risks, including security threats.
- Provides the management with detailed funding, cost justification and return on Investment (ROI) evaluations.
- Ensures that individual IT solutions and applications fit within the organization business strategy, complies with the organization’s IT standards and fully support the enterprise-wide IT architecture.
- Identifies legacy systems integration and migration problems and provides suitable answers in terms of models and practical implementation solutions.
- Ensures that individual IT solutions satisfy the organization’s non-functional requirements, including quality, security, performance, usability and scalability.
- Provides technical leadership and guidance to the architecture construction and maintenance team in all phases of development, deployment and maintenance of IT architectures.
- Advises the organization on emerging trends and innovations regarding IT architectures, and highlights best practices in similar/relevant industries.
- Leads the evaluation and comparison of IT technologies and assesses opportunities related to new and emerging technologies.
- Contributes to innovation by participating in programs and projects for the enhancement of IT architecture design and deployment methodologies.
- Produces high quality design documents and written reports.
- Plans and manages effective communication for meetings, training, presentations and demonstrations, showing good relational skills, goal-orientation, a problem-solving attitude, business sensitivity and a full mastery of communication techniques.
The Finer Print:
- Bachelors Degree in IT or Engineering
- Technical certifications within security, Microsoft, networking
- 5+ years’ experience with system design and architecture within global retail environment
- 10+ years progressive experience within IT within a large retail environment
- SME level knowledge of retail IT environments, point of sale (POS) applications such as Xstore/Epicor, POS hardware, POS networking, payment technologies, RFID etc
- Deep understanding of global retail environments, including broader retail business processes.
- A broad and balanced understanding of IT capabilities, methods and technologies.
- Experience of influencing senior stakeholders on the solutions for proposed initiatives.
- Strong experience of the design and development of IT solutions.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental & disability and performance based bonus available. We support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based bonuses and salary increases.