Reporting to the Regional Director of Internet Marketing, the Reg. Social Media & Digital Manager is responsible for increasing our regional, property-specific and destination brand awareness via digital and social marketing campaigns. This role is integral to establishing a 360 degree regional digital strategy that will integrate all four properties and all key departments. The manager has a passion for social media, is highly collaborative, has a balance of creative flare and analytic backbone, and thrives in a fast past environment.
Hotel Overview: For over 125 years, The Fairmont Banff Springs has built a distinct and iconic reputation. With 768 guest rooms, world-class golf and spa experiences, 78,000 square feet of expansive conference facilities, and one of the largest food & beverage operations in North America, our Castle in the Rockies is the place to ignite a brilliant career. This is a vibrant workplace with tremendous growth and mentorship opportunities; a place for colleagues who aspire to deliver amazing guest service, learn, grow and innovate.
The Rocky Mountain lifestyle doesn’t disappoint. Just a 1-hour drive from Calgary, Banff uniquely blends a community of hospitality enthusiasts, outdoor adventure seekers, artists, entertainers, and families alike. It’s all at your doorstep; this year-round, mountain culture offers true work–life balance in one of Canada’s most spectacular destinations. Our welcoming community is cultural, and dynamic.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Regional Director, Internet Marketing, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- The Manager has a passion for multimedia social content
- Demonstrates an ability to drive online outreach across digital social channels and is well versed in current digital trends
- Creative thinker with organizational skills, the Social Media & Digital Manager continuously improves the region’s social media reach across our current 28 channels (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn and Google+.)
- The manager will be responsible for researching new social media channels and platforms, testing and adopting new social media tactics
- Ongoing development of SM standards and processes
- Plan effective social media influencer programs
- Plan and develop amplification campaigns in social media for marketing campaigns; Integrate social media plans into larger marketing campaigns.
Assess, scope, and plan social deliverables
- Prepare measurement and impact reports summarizing the results of social media campaigns
- Manage social media calendars
- Support 24-7 listening and monitoring programs and reporting
- Develop the talents of team members - Sharing and training said tactics with the social media committees at the respective properties
- Responsible for enabling committee members, initiating healthy competition amongst the committee members and the respective property committees
- Strong communication skills will support the SMM’s need to build relationships with team members in all key departments and with all strategic destination partners
- Link building, digital asset optimization (DAO), social media optimization (SMO), social media integration, content direction, conversion rate optimization
- Support & train social media selling skills in T&L Sales and Group Sales managers
- Coordinate regional marketing opportunities that support all 4 properties
- Working with property marketing managers, lead the GDW planning to position longhaul offers
- Identifying and aligning offers from properties and the segments targeted (eg: Ski, Golf, Summer Outdoor, Family Spring Break, etc
- Collecting content and generating copy for the blasts
- Identifying opportunities & coordinating regional campaigns with local partners, DMO & PMO, etc (eg: Travel Alberta Blasts, ad opps.)
- Integrate/align branding efforts across e-marketing and on-line advertising initiatives
- Ad creative
- Drive digital ad campaigns across Twitter, Facebook, TripAdvisor, GDN, etc.
- Define campaign scopes and schedules
- Identify campaign KPIs
- Assist in the tracking, tagging and trafficking of creative
- Reports on ROI, benchmarks & other campaign successes/failures
- Monitor trends in marketing, applications, and emerging device opportunities
- Develop video ad campaigns
- New mobile targeting, weather triggers, etc.
- Proximity targeting applications (set up & drive Beacon dashboards)
- Assist in establishing regional SOPs (internal processes, In Touch emails, digital signage & messaging)
- Working with e-Commerce to support Regional Group Sales needs (online placements & ad opportunities)
- Managing Alberta Regional page updates
- Building content as necessary for regional landing pages, on the regional site etc.
- Managing regional online ad campaigns for any regionally aligned offers
- Identifying and developing partner opportunities key to resorts
- Insuring online campaigns are consistent with offline (offer, flight times, creative, etc)
- Assist with the development of marketing budgets (to insure RM regional offers are forecasted
- Provide support in strategic planning, market research, presentation development and any other additional requests as required
- Regional Director of Internet Marketing
- Social Media Committees
- Exec Dir of Sales and Marketing
- Directors of Sales and Marketing
- Regional Director of Tour & Leisure Development
- Manager, Content & Business development
- Regional Director of PR & Director of PR (CWR)
- Marketing Managers
- Special Event Managers
- Strong communication and written skills
- Familiarity with:
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Google Analytics
- SocialBaker or other social media analytics tools
- Hootsuite or other social media monitoring dashboard
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 07.Feb.2015, 8:59:00 PM
Job Number: BSH01575