Western Financial Insurance Company is Canada's leading pet health insurance company, providing Petsecure Insurance, PurinaCare Pet Insurance, President's Choice Pet Insurance, HBC Pet Insurance and others. We continue to lead the industry with innovative new plans and forms of coverage that help make protecting pets easier, more convenient and affordable. We're proud to be one of Manitoba's Top 25 Employers for 2011.
Western Financial Group is built on Guiding Principles that recognize the value of our employees and encourage lifelong learning through education and training opportunities. We’re a company that is dedicated to giving back to the communities we serve... because we live here.
About The Opportunity
We are seeking a Regional Channel Manager to join our team. The Regional Channel Manager leads, plans and directs the marketing of Western Financial Insurance Company channel products and services particularly within the assigned region.
In this role, you will contribute to achieving the goals of your team by:
- Acting as a liaison between Western Financial Insurance Company, the veterinary practices and other distributors, including Cooperators, through various sorts of contacts
- Establishing marketing goals and strategies to ensure dramatic growth and market share of existing small animal veterinary practices and cultivation of new markets, specific to the assigned territory or region
- Consulting with veterinary practices to create unique programs that will benefit the practice, client and Western Financial Insurance Company
- Leading regional Territory Managers and directing their activities in the various channels
- Monitoring performance and providing weekly/monthly updates specific to performance to the Director of Sales, and VP of Business Development
- Assigning goals for Territory Managers including appointments per week or month, activations by practice, and converted sales goals.
- Conducting goal-setting and performance reviews for Territory managers within the region
- Effectively communicating with Veterinarians, clinic or shelter managers
- Developing and implementing strategies to strengthen and enhance communication within the team and corporate head office
We are seeking the following experience, skills, and capabilities:
- Understanding of marketing strategies and practises specific to the channel
- Familiarity with veterinary medical terminology
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communications skills
- Experience as an animal health technologist (AHT) an asset
- Previous insurance industry experience an asset
- Prior management or leadership experience considered an asset
Your values will align with the Guiding Principles of Western Financial Group:
- Truthfulness - It is the foundation of our business. We believe that frank, accurate and honest communication is always in everyone's best interest.
- Fairness - We are advocates for our customers and shareholders and the trusted representatives for our suppliers. Our credibility rests on our determination to see that everyone gets what they deserve.
- Value - We believe that nobody owes us a living. Our skills and knowledge must generate meaningful, positive results for all concerned. We will strive to be the best we can be.
- Loyalty - We place our faith in long-term relationships, through thick and thin. We support our communities.
Western Financial Group offers robust compensation and benefits packages including:
- Competitive salaries
- Group health and dental benefits plan 100% paid by Western Financial Group
- Minimum 3 week vacation, personal days & sick days
- Training and development opportunities
- Employer matched RSP program and Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Much more!