About the Company:
Edac Inc., a leading designer and manufacturer of electronic components, has been a supplier to industries globally for 50 years. Headquartered in Markham Canada, it has locations throughout Asia, Europe and North America.
We are seeking a Regional Business Development Manager to join our Sales & Marketing Team.
Reporting to the VP Operations & Business Development, as a key member of a small but entrepreneurial team, you will be responsible for developing and executing sales strategies utilizing our manufacturer's representative network throughout the region, overseeing growth, pricing, distribution and other related activities.
- Develop a pipeline of new sales opportunities
- Set, achieve and exceed the sales and gross profit objectives for the region
- Develop regional and territorial sales strategies
- Drive execution of strategies through our manufacturers” representatives and distributors
- Identify & evaluate new manufacturers” representatives for underperforming territories
- Analyze customer needs to identify new products and services
- Prepare sales forecasts and plans by customer, industry and product category
- Drive sales growth with existing customer base and new accounts
- Perform sales analysis of regional, rep, industry and product family data
- Stay current with market trends
- Coordinate request for quotes (RFQ's)
- Customer Service focused. The "Voice of the customer" must resonate with you
- Strong sales leadership experience
- Strong “hunting” capabilities
- 3-5 + years of Sales experience in business development and account management
- Sales orientated with a high level of motivation, commitment and energy
- Well organized, efficient and proactive
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Able to work independently with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Project a professional image to peers and customers
- Strong self-sufficiency and desire to “make things happen”
- Proven and demonstrated history of exceeding targets
- Able to travel into the United States
- Experience selling engineered products is mandatory
- Experience in the electronic component / connector industry would be an asset
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Project
We offer an excellent compensation package including base salary with commission. Full benefit package and automobile allowance included.