The Publisher of our Higher Education division will be responsible for the development and successful implementation of our Higher Education publishing plan. This includes developing and implementing a strong sales and marketing plan for our current titles, as well as planning and preparing for future publishing projects. Working closely with the management team, the successful candidate will play a leadership role in expanding our Client’s college publishing program.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and lead the expansion of Client’s Higher Education publishing program
- Develop a sustainable Sales and Marketing plan (program) and be responsible for short-term implementation in Spring 2013.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with current authors.
- Work with the management team in developing project proposals for new projects in 2013-14. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing new projects through publication.
- To become the trusted leader of our Higher Education division, both internally and externally.
- Explore new opportunities for the Higher Education publishing program – working towards expansion and development.
- Acquire new projects and/or subject areas that fit in with our publishing program and vision.
Experience and Qualifications
The successful candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Post-Secondary degree, Master’s degree or more is preferred.
- 10+ years experience in the publishing industry, including sales and marketing experience at the Higher Education level.
- 5+ years in an Publisher role for College/University titles.
- Proven track record in strategizing, planning and executing publishing plans.
- Strong financial awareness. Budget-conscious, proven record of meeting deadlines and budgets.
- Proven understanding of the industry, especially the Higher Education market.
- Up-to-date with new technology and a thorough understanding of its impact on the publishing industry.