We are looking for an experienced communications professional to join our team as the Public Relations Manager for our Downtown Calgary office. You will be part of the National Marketing & Communications Team and have the opportunity to work on external communications that will focus on clients, media relations and brand positioning.
Reporting to the National Director of Marketing & Communications, you will provide communications leadership to all external facing functions of the organization across the country, while also maintaining a hands-on capacity within a team environment.
- Develop the external communications strategy and roll-out plan to recommend where WSP's brand would be best positioned
- Influence WSP's overall Market Positioning at both the operational and national levels
- Tasked with developing and growing WSP's Brand Positioning (Written) in the Canadian marketplace:
- Advertising Copy
- Website Content
- Video Content
- Adapt internal communications for an external audience. Promote these communications to trade publications and mass media to position the WSP brand
- Build a network of Media Relationships to position WSP Experts as the thought leader in the industry
- Write content to establish WSP as the Thought Leader in the field of engineering and design
- Provide leadership on anti-spam legislation (CASL) and act as a key strategist on WSP's CASL team
- Evaluate Sponsorship Opportunities and develop consolidated sponsorship strategy to promote the WSP brand in the community
- Activate sponsorship opportunities to ensure we are maximizing visibility on all activities
- Manage and oversee development and execution of all Communications to clients and to the market
- Develop standards and guidelines on WSP tone of voice for all external facing documentation
- Strong influencer to enhance Multi-Media Platform (Website, Social Media, Digital Advertising)
- Establish close working relationship with internal Communications Manager and Brand Manager to ensure collaboration and consistency in delivery
- French communication skills would be considered an asset
- Minimum of 7 years' experience working in a Communications role, with a minimum of 3 years' of leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or a related field
- High level of experience in communications to an external audience, market positioning and strategic development
- Superior communication skills and a proven track record of working effectively in a corporate setting
- Creative and resourceful, with a strong ability to multi-task and efficiently respond to changing priorities
- Agency experience is considered an aspect
External Communication, Marketing, Public Relations
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity.
Only the candidates selected will be contacted.