Are you an editor, managing editor, or publishing/marketing coordinator who is looking to join a stable, dynamic company that offers excellent growth potential? Do you like the challenge of turning technical information from various experts into clear, eye-catching, and professional publications that win business, impress clients, and build on a strong corporate brand?
As the Proposal Writer/Coordinator for McElhanney's Vancouver Region Engineering division, you will use your expertise in writing, editing, and publishing to coordinate and produce business proposals, as well as reports, presentations, and other marketing materials. This permanent, full-time position is based at our downtown Vancouver office and requires regular travel to our Surrey office (located in the Central City complex, next to a SkyTrain station).
- Compile, write, edit, and proofread technical content from a team of various subject matter experts and transform it into clear and impactful proposals that support the corporate brand and business objectives
- Use exceptional organizational skills to coordinate the production of long documents within tight deadlines
- Work with a graphic designer and fellow proposal writer to co-ordinate eye-catching proposals, as well as reports, presentations, and other marketing materials
- Work with the corporate marketing team to accomplish company-wide marketing goals
- Degree or diploma in publishing, marketing, communications, or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in proposal development, publishing long documents (such as magazines), or equivalent
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills for accuracy, quality, and messaging
- Solid experience in Microsoft Office; print design experience using Adobe InDesign, as well as Illustrator and Photoshop, will be an advantage
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deal with changing priorities
- Superior teamwork abilities
McElhanney Consulting Services Ltd. is a Canadian company offering outstanding engineering, mapping, surveying, planning and environmental services to its clients. At McElhanney, you will work within a strong, well established team in the local industry. Our employees love working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, and the opportunity to travel to exciting projects in Western Canada. Established in 1910, McElhanney is a stable, secure employee-owned company. McElhanney offers an excellent total compensation and benefits package, a great team of professionals to work with and continuous opportunity for development.
McElhanney Consulting Services Ltd. is an Employee Equity employer.