McElhanney's Vancouver engineering office is seeking a Proposal Writer & Coordinator.
This role is best suited to a writer, editor, and/or communications professional who has a passion for turning technical information from various subject matter experts into eye-catching and professional proposals that win business and impress clients. Ideal candidates thrive under the challenge of deadlines and have excellent communication skills that keep their team on track and focused on the end goal.
- Compile, edit, and proofread technical content from a team of various subject matter experts and transform it into clear and impactful proposals that tell a story and support the corporate brand and business objectives.
- Use exceptional organizational skills to coordinate the production of long documents within tight deadlines.
- Collaborate with graphic designers, fellow proposal writers, and other marketing team members to produce proposals, as well as other marketing materials during down time
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills – your boss and colleagues know and commend you for these skills
- Degree or diploma in publishing, marketing, communications, or a related field
- 2+ years’ experience in proposal development, publishing long documents (e.g., magazines or annual reports), or equivalent
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Solid experience in Microsoft Office; experience using Adobe InDesign is an asset but not required
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, coordinate groups of content providers, and deal with changing priorities
- Superior teamwork abilities