Reporting to the Project Development Coordinator, the Proposal Coordinator leads developing compliant and winning proposals. A strong team player and a leader with excellent communication, creativity, writing, and organizational skills, this demanding position requires the ability to multi-task and efficiently meet multiple deadlines. Possessing a “can do” attitude, flexibility and adaptability to multiple stakeholders is critically important to the success of this role.
- Analyzing RFQ/RFP/EOI documents to ensure submissions are focused, creative, articulate, specific, and compliant;
- Calling and participating in strategic start-up meetings for new proposals and interviews;
- Editing and proofing all written, technical components of proposals for content, conciseness, active voice, and correct grammar;
- Works with team on proposal related tasks and ensuring that contributors submit complete information on deadline and editing their work for content and grammar;
- Researching client and project information to provide thorough and thoughtful proposals;
- Confirming the accuracy of each proposal’s content including phone numbers and reference information;
- Printing, cutting, punching, and coiling proposals in addition to coordinating with print shops for more polished submissions;
- Providing grammatical and writing support to the Project Development team and colleagues;
- Capturing, organizing, and maintaining electronic files for proposal documents.
- Creating interview and presentation materials for the Project Development team (i.e. PowerPoint presentations, handouts, etc.)
- Aid in posting profiles, text, images on the website and various social media outlets;
- Contribute to social media campaigns and content sharing;
- Generate advertisements as needed;
- Contribute to Friday Facts and The Buzz or similar publications;
- Aid with populating and maintaining the database;
- Support the greater Project Development Team with general project development related functions and requirements of the business; social function planning, client event planning, trade function planning, event facilitation.
Skills & Knowledge:
- The ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and with confidence is essential;
- Very strong attention to detail and an ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines is mandatory for this position; and,
- Demonstrates initiative, a positive attitude, and a willingness to learn and adapt to change.
- Alignment with Clark Builders Core Values
- Professional demeanor and conduct is mandatory
Qualifications & Experience:
- 2-5 years related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience;
- Bachelor Degree in English, Technical Writing, Marketing or Journalism (or related education) is preferred;
- Ability to write technical content and marketing materials;
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel;
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator);
- Strong analytical, active listening, and problem-solving skills;
- A keen eye for detail and a passion for delivering high-quality work;
- Proven experience in prioritizing, multi-tasking, and meeting deadlines in high pressure environments; and,
- An ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- An ability to learn construction and construction industry related nomenclature and communication styles for enhanced responses.
- Ability to work within a team both externally as well as internally.