The Works Design Communications crafts meaningful messages in pixels and print for some of the world’s best companies. We are communicators, designers and builders across all mediums with a knack for producing really, really great work.
The Works’ custom-built offices sit in the heart of Toronto’s Corktown, just minutes from some of the best markets, parks and dining in the city. With all the bells and whistles of a brand new space, The Works’ studio comes with extras that keep our award-winning team smiling through their sweat – above and beyond the all-you-can-drink coffee.
Because certain months of the year do require longer workdays and overtime hours, we make sure we offer some pretty awesome perks. Summertime rooftop BBQs (yes, we have a deck up there), kitchen bake-offs, intramural sports and the occasional beverage cart are a few ways we keep the creative juices flowing at The Works. We support a limited flexible hours policy to encourage interests outside of what’s in your inbox. We also trust that pride in producing great work means you recognize when the work-life balance shifts.
You love what you do and are exceptionally good at it, so hard work doesn’t scare you. You’re not exhausted by challenge; you’re motivated by it, which is why you’ll fit in nicely with the team. You may not need them, but you’ll find friends in the people here.
You also must love dogs.
What will you do, specifically?
Orchestrate and implement The Works’ projects (web and print) from end to end by:
- Preparing quotes, briefs, estimates, proposals, schedules and invoices
- Participating in client and internal meetings and presentations
- Delegating tasks to a team of design, web and print production specialists
- Obtaining approvals and sign-offs – both internal and from clients
- Communicating project objectives and scope to design, web and production teams
- Facilitating decisions and encouraging co-operation in a fast-paced environment
What experience do you need?
- Minimum five years’ managing multiple media projects in a busy environment
- Minimum 3-year degree/diploma in Management/Multimedia/Business or equivalent
- Proficiency organizing and orchestrating large-budget projects
- Fluent understanding of a variety of interactive technologies