Free The Children empowers youth to fulfill their potential to be agents of change. Through our organization's unique youth-driven approach, more than two million young people have been involved in our innovative programs in more than 45 countries. Founded by international human rights activist Craig Kielburger, Free The Children has an established track-record of success, with three nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize and partnerships with the United Nations, and Oprah's Angel Network. In 2012 Free The Children, was awarded Canada’s Top Employer for Young People for our amazing opportunities for young employees!
Free The Children seeks a Production Manager who will be responsible for the planning, execution and trafficking of the department's entire process of print and digital production in support of its marketing and content development activities. This includes the master scheduling, allocation and tracking of creative talent and resources, as well as managing all stages of the print production process for quality and efficiency – from planning and costing, RFQs, specifications compliance, pre-press file preparation and press approvals through to delivery of the finished product. The Production Manager works closely with other key managers within the Creative & Communications team, and serves as the central point person with external suppliers.
Free The Children’s Creative and Communications department develops and oversees the organization’s cutting edge international branding. As part of the team, you will have a unique opportunity to work alongside world-class brands and with award-winning creative agencies. Our marketing, communications, branding, strategy and overall production value is always at the forefront of marketing trends not just in the non-profit sector, but the for-profit sector, too. Our work is internationally renowned and showcased in such publications as The Globe and Mail, Huffington Post, Greystone Books and Metro Media. Within Free The Children’s Creative and Communications department, you will have an opportunity to take your work to the next level—all the while doing meaningful work that makes the world a better place. Join a team that truly makes a difference.
The position is based out of Free The Children’s International office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street). A minimum two-year commitment is expected. There is a three (3) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program.
Please apply online at http://www.freethech..s/careers/.
- Manage the productionofall printed materials across Free The Children, Me to We, and We Day, ensuringthatthefinalproductmeetsqualitystandards,specifications,deadlinesandbudget
- Drive the planning, execution and monitoring of complex master production schedules for all department projects;
- Project trafficking – hold the department accountable to critical dates to ensure scheduled deadlines are met;
- Implement and drive continuous improvement activities through best practices;
- Manage training and administration for department’s project management tool
- Foster team knowledge of the production process and production costs;
- Communicate supply chain issues to the team, problem solve and help implement solutions;
- Work with suppliers to ensure continuous improvement and optimal production solutions for new and existing marketing materials and concepts;
- Manage the day-to-day responsibilities of the Photo Database Intern
- Develop specifications for new projects with suppliers and negotiate effective pricing;
- Process and track print quotes, prototypes, electronic templates and printer proofs with vendors;
- Help organize and manage all photography assets in the photo database to ensure timely access to a variety of quality images for overall design enhancement;
- Manage digital archives and print samples of all final creative files and materials;
- Work with Associate Directors and the finance department on budgeting, forecasting and actual product cost analysis compared to budget;
- Work with the Me to We team and vendors to develop retail packaging solutions along with costing analysis for new options;
Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of the print production process, with experience in pre-press file preparation
- Bachelor's degree required and 3-5 years experience in a publishing or purchasing, print, project management or supply chain management environment
- Strong attention to detail and knowledge of operational workflow dynamics to track and analyze the project status within the creative process
- Ability to multi-task and juggle resources to execute tasks to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Commitment to continuous process improvement initiatives and ability to solve problems creatively
- Highly motivated and high level of initiative; works proactively in support of department creative goals and business objectives
- Ability to build relationships and work across a multi-brand organization
- Strong analytics
- Computer skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, project management tools)
What makes Free The Children unique…
A Top Employer for Young People, Free The Children is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work lare, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year's goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 environment, this won't be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Free The Children sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.