The Dufresne Group is currently seeking a Production Graphic Designer for our Advertising Team within our Home Office located at 116 Nature Park Way in Winnipeg, MB.
As a Production Graphic Designer you will be responsible for delivering on-brand creative for numerous traditional channels. You will act as a creative thought leader with a pixel-perfect eye for detail and a strong understanding of current design trends and strategies.
The Dufresne Group is committed to investing in our team members; we offer:
- Market competitive wages;
- Comprehensive benefits plan and excellent employee discounts;
- Employer Sponsored Retirement Savings Plan;
- Career growth and continuous development;
- Respectful and family-oriented working environment with strong company values.
As a Production Graphic Designer you will:
- Design all print campaigns for the TDG brands with creative expertise and a strong attention to detail
- Commit to, maintain and champion visual brand standards through all creative work
- Identify and employ best practices (sizing, layout) for all advertising channels to ensure content & key messaging is optimized for each channel
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to overall design, usability, functionality and trends
- Subscribe to retail and design industry leaders, monitoring creative, color, and typography trends and crafting conceptual/idea boards when applicable
- Prepare files for press-ready or web-ready production.
- Ensure consistency in company publications by adhering to graphic standards.
- Track time & records
- Manage competing priorities while meeting project deadlines
As a successful candidate you will have the following:
- Post-secondary education in graphic, web and media design
- 1+ years of experience designing creative campaigns
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver) in a Mac-based environment
- Extensive knowledge of pre-press, digital imaging and file composition
- Bilingual (French/English) is a strong asset
- Examples of past work/digital portfolio preferred
- Previous retail experience an asset
- Superior attention to detail, including exceptional editing/proofreading skills
- Strong layout, visual communication, presentation and project management skills
- Organized, meticulous, thorough working habits and strong design management
- Ability to work independently, take initiative to research solutions
- Superior verbal communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to pick up new technical skills and concepts quickly
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Occasional evenings and weekends may be required
We are one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies!
The Dufresne Group has created a strong reputation for great product assortments and providing home furnishing solutions to the Canadian consumer built on a foundation of service excellence. For 25 years Dufresne has continued to stand on our promise of “A Better Experience”.