Imagine a world where you are connected to millions of people. Where being connected means bringing dreams to life and where amazing things happen when we work together. Just imagine what we could do! Apply for a position with Shaw today and be part of something truly amazing.
Shaw is a family-oriented, Canadian owned business with over 12,000 employees across the country, providing services to more than 3.4 million customers with top quality cable TV, Internet, digital phone, direct-to-home satellite services, and programming including Global Television and 19 of the country's most popular specialty channels.
Career Opportunity: Production Editor
Global Winnipeg’s Marketing Department is currently seeking a full-time Production Editor to join our team. This position reports to the Marketing Manager and works primarily on both commercial and promotion production.
The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions of the Production Editor and do not outline all of the duties and responsibilities of this position:
- Edit a variety of projects in a digital environment, including long and short form video production, commercials and promos for both on air and on line
- Manage computer files and maintain edit suite
- Work/collaborate with promotion and client service team
- Perform other duties as required
In addition to demonstrating proficiency and experience in the areas mentioned above, applicants have the following qualifications:
- The successful candidate will be an experienced editor with proven digital video and audio editing and troubleshooting skills
- A college level diploma or degree
- Strong / proven design skills are a requirement
- Excellent computer file management skills
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Recent Demo reel showing – long and short form video production including; educational, corporate, commercial and promo, and after effects animation
- Adaptable to new situations and technology
- Proven ability to work and communicate effectively with clients
- Technical understanding of editing equipment.
This is a bargaining unit position.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Shaw Media, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Media. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.