Genetec’s Product Marketing team is a highly skilled group of marketers who can bridge the worlds of Product Management, Sales and MarCom with ease, and are experts in our buyers and their buying criteria. This is a dynamic position in a fast growing company that has recently taken the number one spot as North America’s leading Video Management Software vendor, and is number two globally. You will collaborate closely with Product Management, Sales and MarCom organizations to develop high-impact, memorable and meaningful product launches that build awareness and pull for our range of video products. Beyond customer acquisition, this role will also spearhead initiatives for long-term customer retention.
It’s not only that you’re driven by success, but you’re also naturally curious and at-home with technology, making you a credible and reliable voice for the outbound messaging of our product lines. You can articulate and translate technical specifications into benefits, build user personas and segment our markets with clarity and precision. You also have a proven skill at developing unique selling and customer value propositions that are resonant and targeted. Your grasp of the go to market strategy means that you can work with the Marketing Communications group to create targeted and effective communications that will set the channel on fire. It’s clear that your experience in the B2B software industry means that you are no stranger to the mix of marketing tools at your disposal and the effectiveness and relative ROI of each of them.
The chosen candidate will have a strategic role to play in the success and penetration of Genetec’s video solutions portfolio as well as our Security Center unified security platform. You will form an important part of the outbound communication chain and as such will be measured on the effectiveness of your marketing plans, your skill engaging both the market and the channel, and your ability to drive strong demand for our products.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Product Marketing Managers at Genetec are responsible for the outbound marketing activities of their product segment. In concert with your associated Product Manager, you will craft the messaging and positioning for products to support Product Management’s go to market plan. You'll conceive and develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand.
- Develop strategic marketing plans and programs, track them to successful completion ensuring all key stakeholders and participants are in synch with the expected outcomes.
- Lead and manage the development of detailed demand generation programs and initiatives
- Analyze market and channel data, and develop action plans that target buyers and markets – so, you need to know the forest, the trees, their circumference and density
- Owning the marketing and outbound messaging for your Genetec products
- Working closely and collaboratively with Product Management to develop and deliver a detailed and compelling Got-To-Market
- Engaging with Sales Managers to ensure they have a clear understanding of key messages and how to position and sell their Genetec products
- Developing smart, organized and effective outbound campaigns with your colleagues in the Marketing Communications team including whitepapers, collateral, feature focus, etc.
- 5+ years of B2B software product marketing experience with at least 2 years experience in a field-facing role
- Demonstrated success with Product Management, Marketing Communications and Sales Teams, supported by references
- Unmatched diplomacy and ability to work across diverse teams
- High-performing personality that is driven by goals
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing, MBA an asset
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the security industry would be considered an asset
- Experience with hardware and network appliances would be considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and consensus-building skills to enable you to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties
- Bilingual (French & English)
• Brilliant references are critical