At Neo, we empower people to get the most out of their money and time. We're a tech company reimagining everyday banking from the ground up to create rewarding experiences and build community for all Canadians. We're looking for passionate go-getters who want to move fast and create a lasting impact.
As a Principal Product Designer (UX/UI), you will work with product managers, researchers, engineers, and other designers to define, shape, and deliver a multitude of experiences across various digital platforms. Your efforts will impact all stages of a project, exercising skills in concepting, prototyping, service design, information design, and research through hands-on work to innovate everyday banking. As a senior member of the team you will also help lead, mentor, and expand the design team and practice.
What you'll be doing:
- Participate in the discovery and planning of new products and features while driving the design vision across our product suite.
- Illustrate and communicate complex design solutions across use cases by creating process flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups.
- Work collaboratively with Product, Engineering, UX Research, Strategy, and other teams to identify requirements and opportunities for improvement.
- Follow established Neo design system patterns while expanding the framework throughout product evolution.
- Transform research and requirements into deliverables that demonstrate an intuitive user experience.
- Work alongside and mentor design colleagues, continually elevating our design practice and quality of experiences.
Who we're looking for:
- A minimum of 5 years of professional hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, and design specifications for digital products.
- Established experience working on modern and complex experiences.
- Proficiency in Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar tools.
- Experience working with design systems is a strong asset.
- Deep knowledge of synthesizing research to define gaps in usability, customer desires, strategic opportunities.
- Extensive experience collaborating with product leadership, engineering managers, and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Fluency in principles and techniques of information architecture, systems thinking, and user experience design.
What it’s like to work with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and realize a better financial future. It’s a serious deal, but that doesn’t mean we don’t know a thing or two about having fun. Our entrepreneurial environment gets our adrenaline pumping and beats the regular 9-5 job. We’re in it together, always. Gain hands-on experience and be part of the future.