Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) is the heart of a world leading housing system that is making a difference for Canadians every day by helping them meet their housing needs. As Canada’s authority on housing, CMHC works with a variety of stakeholders to help ensure that the Canadian housing system remains one of the best in the world. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your relationship building skills and your mortgage insurance expertise to this Client Relations team in Halifax
As a member of the Client Relations (Atlantic) team, you will contribute to the design of strategies to advance CMHC’s reputation as an industry leader, support the positioning of CMHC’s mortgage loan insurance, and maintain the critical mass to fulfill CMHC’s role in the marketplace. Under a key account framework, you will implement client relationship management (CRM) initiatives to develop business relationships and provide training, support and services that meet the needs of specific lender clients and stakeholders.
This full-time permanent position is an exceptional opportunity for client focused leader to achieve his/her professional goals, while creating a sustainable organization that is at the heart of a world leading housing system. Our diverse opportunities and locations across the country enable you to advance and grow your skills, knowledge and career to match your evolving interests and experience.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Developing and effectively communicating Regional Lender Plan tactics as per strategies identified in the National KAM lender plans with the objective of developing business relationships and providing services that meet the needs of specific lender clients and stakeholders.
- Acting as the primary liaison between the National Key Account Management team and the regional CRM team, implementing initiatives and sharing valuable client and industry intelligence.
- Developing and maintaining business relationships with clients at different hierarchical levels within region.
- Representing the entire range of insurance and other CMHC products and services to assigned lenders.
- Performing client satisfaction analysis and adjusting regional strategies and plans accordingly to meet account performance and increase client loyalty. Analysing target markets, competitive positioning, lender strategies and other information related to performance, quality and processes.
- Establishing action and deployment plans, contributing to the effective management of the team by identifying appropriate measurement indicators and ensures the follow-up of client marketing, communications, training and market intelligence activities.
- Coaching and developing account managers, under the leadership of the Regional Manager to their fullest potential by privileging team work, initiative and employee empowerment.
- Providing a framework for critical thought regarding business development and client relationship initiatives and manages opportunities to add value to account manager business development activities by reviewing monthly goals, action plans and training activities.
- Coaching account managers on skills and client related activities through field work to enhance performance and behaviors required to achieve client loyalty and desired objectives.
- Leverages cross functional collaboration to enhance client experience, resolve issues and promote business synergies;
- Communicates regularly with Regional Manager and keeps him/her informed of all activities.
- Participates actively and professionally in regional and national team meetings and conference calls
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales and Marketing, Commerce or related field with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in business development, sales and promotion of financial products and services or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated experience and in-depth knowledge of the mortgage insurance business and mortgage lending;
- Four (4) years of supervisory and/or management experience;
- AMP (Accredited Mortgage professional) designation would be considered an asset;
- Previous experience with coaching or mentoring;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize information and to develop strategies;
- Ability to build relationships at all levels with good negotiation, diplomacy and the ability to persuade others;
- Excellent communication skills including written and oral;
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes;
- High level organizational skills to manage several ongoing projects at one time;
- Ability to work in an often high stress, multidisciplinary team environment;
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking/ Coaching and Feedback/ Commitment to Official Languages/ Communication (Presenting and Influencing)/ Effective Leadership/ Focus on Results/ Forward/Strategic Thinking/ Political and Cultural Sensitivity/ Relationship Building/ Teamwork
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on July 12, 2016, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.