Ashton College is looking for an experienced individual to analyze, research and develop policy and procedure documents. This individual must be able to critically analyze processes and efficiently communicate them on paper.
This position is ideal for a critical thinker who enjoys technical writing and research. Our ideal applicant is someone who has the ability to make independent decisions, is confident and self-motivated.
RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Analyzes, researches and develops policy and procedure documents
- Designs high-quality procedural documents and manuals that are clear, concise and accurate
- Revises and updates policies, procedures and manuals regularly to ensure the most up-to-date information is readily available and accurate
- Communicates effectively with all organizational employees in order to ensure accuracy and complete the approval process
- Creates job aids and desk reference material to assist in training, accuracy and efficiency
- Tracks all changes and revisions to all procedural documents
- Performs administrative tasks and duties, as directed
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL SET:
- 1-3 years of relevant experience writing manuals and/or policies or a combination of experience and education
- Post-secondary education in Communications, English, Journalism, or Public Relations (or related degree)
- Exceptionally effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to explain complicated procedures in a clear and understandable manner
- Experience with process flow and process mapping
- Ability to independently manage projects
- Highly adaptable with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel PowerPoint, Outlook
This is a full-time 3 month contract position (40 hours per week).