A Division of Amer Sports Canada Inc.
Location of Work:
Arc’teryx Design Centre
100-2155 Dollarton Highway
North Vancouver, BC V7H 3B2
Head Office Address:
#110-2220 Dollarton Hwy,
North Vancouver, BC, V7H 1A8
Salary: 65,000-80,000CAD Annually
Benefits: extensive benefit plans for extended medical, prescription drug, life, accidental death & disability, long term disability, dental, vision, and EFAP (Employee and Family Assistance Program), relocation package and support, Arc’teryx Annual Incentive Plan (performance based bonus), 15 days paid vacation per calendar year, employee product discount, RRSP (with employer matching)
Eligible for annual performance based salary increases
Arc’teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance.
We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are seeking a detail oriented pattern makers with at least 3 years of pattern making experience to be responsible for the patterning of our high quality products from blocks to sketches. You will be goal oriented with a strong passion for quality and accuracy.
- Diploma or degree in Fashion, Design or related
- 3 years patternmaking experience with an athletic apparel brand
- Significant experience with prototype evaluation, creating and maintaining basic patterns
- Ability to work from pattern blocks or from sketches
- Knowledge of garment construction
- Core competence in Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Good attention to detail, accuracy in data entry
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of Gerber Accumark and/or outerwear as asset
Your responsibilities will include:
- Interpret design intent, create prototype, sample and production patterns, ensuring that methods and documentation are consistent with known factory methods and processes
- Grade patterns and maintain grade on modified production patterns
- Work with design to establish standard fit by product category/end use and ensure product size/fit consistency
- Contribute to the creation and use of block pattern library
- Maintain computer pattern libraries, ensuring changes are clearly communicated to Product Developers, Graders and Marker Makers
- Collaborate with Designers and Product Developers to establish and document product construction standards and illustrated technical specifications for all product
- Communicate with Designers, Sample Sewers, Product Developers, and Factory partners, building strong business relationships
- Maintain accurate Pattern Lists and templates
- Provide accurate raw material yields to Product Developer during prototype development
- Develop and maintain accurate finished garment measurement specifications
- Monitor and report on prototype/sample progress to ensure development and production deadlines are met
- Assist in marker making where required
- Troubleshoot problems and ensure regular maintenance of computer software and equipment