Specialist, Partner Sustainability
Salary: $65,000.00 - $80,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Social Policy Researchers, Consultants and Program Officers (4164)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1E3 Canada
Partner Sustainability Specialist
lululemon athletica canada
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.
a day in the life of a to Partner Sustainability Manager
Lead and manage cross functional, cross regional programs to examine and improve supplier performance against program expectations.
Organize the activities of supporting data management in support of lululemon’s CoE program objectives.
Liaise with procurement, legal, business units and other team representatives to build appropriate team support, and approval in lululemon’s CoE program, sponsorship, approval channels and other program aspects.
Develop and report on lululemon vendor program progress and recommendations quarterly or as needed to drive program progress.
Represent lululemon’s partner sustainability program and perspectives in industry consortia, workgroups and external conferences.
Contribute to the overall Code of Ethics and partner sustainability program strategy, roadmap, implementation and communication plan.
the finer print
The individual in this position will contribute to programs which drive world class ethical sourcing performance in lululemon’s supply chain. This individual will also be responsible for promoting and maintaining healthy and productive internal and external stakeholder relationships to further program objectives.
The position combines developing specific content knowledge with strategic and tactical program leadership, requiring collaboration and management by influence across lululemon’s product lines and functions and with industry and multistakeholder engagements.
Bachelor's degree in sustainability, labor studies, environmental Science or other related fields.
•3-5 years experience related experience, preferably for an apparel retailer
• Experience in supplier management or other supply chain operations function within the retail/apparel sector
- Experience in the broader domain of sustainability, corporate social responsibility or social and environmental responsibility, including experience with policies, standards and assurance
- Excellent team and project management skills, including project structuring.
- Strong business acumen and technical knowledge across multiple business units, with an understanding of emerging sustainability trends.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and generate new and innovative solutions to complex problems
- Industry expert in two or more supply chain responsibility standards and assurance domains: labor, health & safety, environment and ethics and retailers’ ethical sourcing practices, preferably in apparel Industry
- Strong business acumen and technical knowledge across multiple business units, with an understanding of emerging sustainability trends