Business in Vancouver, Vancouver’s leading weekly business journal, seeks an Online Editor with a new media mindset and a high energy level.
This position requires someone who is detail-oriented and resourceful, and who can find creative solutions to challenging problems on tight deadlines.
The Online Editor will play a critical role in the growth and evolution of our web presence by leading the execution of key editorial initiatives that will engage the audience and enhance the user experience, helping to further Business in Vancouver as the leading provider of business news and information in Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley.
The role will report to the Publisher of Business in Vancouver.
The Online Editor will be an integral part of our news operation and will collaborate with reporters and editors on production of the website and related products.
Daily responsibilities will include:
- Publishing and managing all editorial content on biv.com throughout the day
- Creation of web-friendly content
- Writing engaging, search-friendly headlines, stories and news summaries
- Tagging and organizing content
- Monitoring and moderating user comments
- Helping develop online audience, user engagement and user loyalty
- Act as the chief “evangelist” for biv.com in the local business community
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years journalism experience in both print and digital news media
- Strong interest in business news, trends and issues
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Experience working to deadline
- Experience with website content management systems
- Excellent understanding of digital journalism best practices, and emerging online editorial strategies
- Proficiency with social media platforms and knowledge of related best practices
- Knowledge of search engine optimization techniques
- Knowledge of basic HTML and Photoshop
- Experience with In Design, video production/editing, and CSS are not necessary but will considered valuable assets
- University degree in journalism is preferred
LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY. NO RELOCATION ASSISTANCE.