Established in 1956, United Way Toronto (UWT) is a charity working to advance the common good and create opportunities for a better life for everyone in our city. Working in partnership with others, we mobilize people and resources to address the root causes of social problems and to change community conditions for the better. United Way supports agencies that provide services to strengthen individuals, families, and communities.
Every day, a wide variety of individuals and organizations, businesses and governments collaborate with United Way by donating, volunteering and partnering on projects that work to build a better city. Employees are at the heart of UWT. As an employee, you represent the greatest asset we have – talented and dedicated employees who share in the cause of caring about others. UWT is not only committed to doing great and impactful work in the community, we are just as committed to doing the same great and impactful work internally with our employees.
This job resides within our Marketing department.
The Marketing Department is responsible for the development of marketing strategies and marketing communications support for the United Way Toronto brand. The team is focused on building increased awareness and engagement with the brand and enhancing the overall resource development efforts of the organization.
Act as subject matter expert on United Way’s online campaign management program, United Way@work. This program is our primary donation vehicle and customer relationship management tool. Volunteers and United Way staff use the system to customize the donor experience and to manage and track campaigns
• Act as liaison across departments and across the United Way movement as subject matter expert for United Way’s online campaign management program.
• Working with UWT’s cross-departmental team, develop and update business processes and documentation to support changes to how @work is deployed.
• Deliver group and one-on-one training and provide support on the @work program for volunteers and staff. Develop new training and support materials, as required.
• Assist in management of content changes in online system.
• Based on overall United Way strategies, recommend enhancements to online products. Write detailed specifications for enhancements to develop online. Participate in product testing/validation of enhancements.
• Represent UWT in multi-city consortium development discussions as required.
•Analyze individual projects and overall campaign, identify trends, opportunities.
•Provide customer service to donors, prospects and other United Way members.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and priorities on tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional projects
- Knowledge of HTML formatting and web-based products
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office, especially advanced Excel Skills and PowerPoint.
- Online marketing experience an asset
- Online systems’ development and testing an asset
- Knowledge of web development tools, as asset
Skills utilized in this position
- Presentation skills
- Negotiation and customer service skills and relationship management skills
- Writing, editing and communication skills
- Interpersonal skills; with different levels across the organization and outside partners
- Facilitations Skills
- Process and project management skills
Director, Donor Relationship Management, Cross-Departmental Online team, I.T. Development team
Direct Reports: None
Diversity & Inclusion: At United Way Toronto, we’re committed to developing an inclusive workplace with deep roots in the communities we serve. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, including those who may need accommodation, to apply to join our team. Our commitment to excellence in diversity goes further than promoting equity. By incorporating a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and ideas we create opportunities for innovative solutions — and better results that maximize the impact of our work.
Benefits: We offer an attractive Total Rewards package including vacation, personal days, medical/dental plan, casual work environment, pension plan.