Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
Desjardins General Insurance Group is currently making significant changes that will progressively transform its approach to marketing and offer management. The organization is looking for an Offer and Market Positioning manager to help it make a successful transition. The incumbent will provide leadership with respect to best practices and expertise at the corporate level and also support business lines. The incumbent will oversee offer management in a multi-brand and multi-network environment. The person in this position will serve as a catalyst, driving the organization to adopt innovative marketing approaches, particularly in the area of digital marketing.
DGIG needs to stay on top of recent marketing developments in the field to remain a leader in the Canadian market. The incumbent will be responsible for defining and implementing appropriate strategies in response to market developments.
- Oversee the development, implementation and follow-up of an action plan for the business unit, in line with the company’s strategic priorities and in conjunction with other business units, within an overall context of performance management.
- Implement management and communication practices that foster positive change management, the retention of talented employees, skills development, employee engagement and diversity, all in line with Desjardins values.
- Specific responsibilities
- Develop marketing strategies and client positioning for P&C insurance offers, plan and oversee their implementation along with business lines and sectors, produce reports on their overall performance, identify and implement opportunities for improvement or optimization.
- Along with business lines and sectors, manage partners and suppliers of tie-in offers, produce reports on their overall performance, identify and implement opportunities for development, improvement or optimization.
- Along with business lines and sectors, develop profitable growth objectives and marketing strategies, manage the brand portfolio for markets served by the company, in line with DGIG’s strategic priorities and Desjardins Group’s directions.
Challenges and key issues
- Contribute to strategic planning by implementing innovative marketing strategies based on a clear understanding of client segments and optimized multi-brand and multi-network interactions.
- Provide leadership with respect to best practices and be an agent of change regarding enhanced marketing approaches that inspire, equip and support business lines to reach their goals and business targets.
- Ensure the development and optimal positioning of the team in a context of changing practices, organizational transformation and integration.
The skills required for a management position at Desjardins Group are: Desjardins Group leadership, strategic leadership, results-based leadership and leadership in interpersonal relations, human resources and values.
More specifically, candidates should:
- Model the principles of the new organization and approach and communicate changes in a way that is positive and inspires action.
- Stand behind corporate priorities and decisions and act in accordance with them.
- Help set priorities and business strategies for the executive division that reflect their level of responsibility.
- Translate the sector's strategic priorities into short- and medium-term action plans and prioritize issues identified in the strategic plan; implement them and monitor progress.
- Put the needs of members/clients first.
- Build strong relationships with Desjardins Group business sectors.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing or related field.
- 9 years of relevant experience, including 4 years in management.
- Other combinations of relevant academic and work experience may be considered.
- Advanced intermediate English-language skills.
- Advanced intermediate French-language skills
- Experience managing a changing offer portfolio in a multi-brand environment.
- Experience building marketing strategies to implement these offers.
- Experience implementing innovative marketing approaches, for example, in digital marketing.
: Nov 27, 2016, 8:59:00 PM