Department: Process & Technology
Reports To: Manager of Web and Mobile
Job Level: Group 11 Series 200
Location: Toronto, Yonge & Eglinton (on the Yonge subway line)
As the technological extension of Ontario’s public education system, TVO’s vision is to create a better world through the power of learning.
TVO provides learning opportunities for Ontarians through innovative educational products, in-depth current affairs, groundbreakingdocumentaries, and award-winning TVOKids resources both inside and outside the classroom.
TVO is funded primarily by the Province of Ontario and is a registered charity supported by sponsors and thousands of donors. For more information, visit tvo.org.
Design user experience of major and complex TVO products.
- Responsible for Information design of the user experience of major and complex TVO web and mobile products to the prescribed style guide and doing this works in accordance with TVO's project management and software product development methodology
- Collaborate with clients (product managers, producers, contect creators, educators and creative design staff from business/content and marketing areas) to understand their user experience goals, especially as it relates to usability and findability
- Brainstorm and develop storyboards and create layouts of creative visual content
- Create characters, treatments, story lines and game play, and code interactive material and animations
- Create site maps, wire frames, labeling systems, navigation systems, search systems, mock ups and other artifacts in your area of expertise
- Test new software and recommend tools in your area of expertise
- Edit and compress digital photo, video and audio
- Configure 3rd party software for online deployment
- Write technical summaries, creative documents and other reports in your area of expertise
- Collaboration with web and mobile developers to deliver the planned user experience
- Help to establish and adhere to user experience standards and practices as they relate to the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Stay abreast of trends in information design including conducting research into current and emerging techniques, standards, practices. Compare and contrast new technologies and techniques.
- Adapt to and learn new practices, techniques and technologies as they relate to the work at hand
- Create and maintain specifications and documentation as directed
- May direct the activities of new and/or less experienced user experience designers
- Be a technical contact for your peers at external vendors and suppliers as it relates to the work at hand
- Work with QA department to endure quality of user experience of TVO products
- Work cross-functionally with other TVO departments to ensure AODA compliance of user experience of TVO products
- University degree required with 3 - 5 years of experience.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Very strong customer service orientation
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Ability to conduct research into emerging Internet technologies
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and current resume by the closing date stated.
TVO is an equal opportunity employer and will endeavour to accommodate job applicants with disabilities through the Talent and Engagement office. Upon request, all job postings will be made available in alternative format.
TVO is committed to achieve a skilled workforce reflective of the population of Ontario.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries from agencies please