Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG) is a pre-eminent full-service, national law firm focusing on business law, commercial litigation and intellectual property solutions for our clients. With more than 750 lawyers, intellectual property agents and other professionals in six Canadian cities, BLG assists clients with their legal needs, from major litigation to financing and patent registration.
At BLG, it begins with service! Our passion and drive for Professional and Service Excellence is based upon personal standards of absolute integrity, unfailing mutual respect and dedication in all that we understand and do for our clients. We pride ourselves on having the best talent, legal and non-legal, and delivering the best service.
The Toronto office of BLG is seeking a dynamic and experienced Business Development National Advertising Leader to serve as the Firm’s primary internal and external expert and representative for all queries related to advertising, promotion and brand ensuring consistency and quality and delivering increased firm awareness through development and implementation of strategic advertising and promotional campaigns on a national, regional and vertical basis to Canadian and US markets. Lead and manage production processes across the Firm, seeking out and implementing best practices for efficiency and quality, delivering on-time and on-budget.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Degree in Business/Marketing/Communications
- 3+ years of experience in a managerial role within a professional service environment
- Experience in a legal environment will be considered an asset
- Proficient in MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain national advertising & promotion strategy and plans consistent with Firm identity and relative to business goals and objectives. Assess Firm needs relative to budget allocation and submit recommendations to garner the best return on investment.
- Supervise proper delivery of all aspects of advertising and brand and effectively manage the Firm’s agency of record and other external suppliers/vendors.
- Seek new opportunities to raise profile and investigate integrated promotional or merchandising activities.
- Stay informed of developments within the advertising community, (trends and changes). Keep abreast of the legal category and BLG competitors’ campaigns or strategies.
- Cultivate relationships and communicate effectively inside and outside of the Firm including with BLG media relations team identifying editorial opportunities from publication sales reps.
- Report on program results and offer recommendations for continual improvement.
- Establish and maintain liaison with regional management, group leaders, individual partners with regular communication.
- Educate and inform marketing colleagues, Partners to facilitate greater understanding about BLG advertising, promotion, brand and production process and programs.
- Develop and maintain annual budgets in order to maximize return on investment including administering management of ad program and related billing.
- Advise management on advertising, promotional and production opportunities and recommend appropriate course of action.
- Maintain review process and approval system, build repository of all BLG advertising requests, maintain quality and standards.
- Negotiate agreements with agency, various media and sponsor organizations.
- Review and fulfill the advertising, promotional and/or production components of community relations requests.
- Manage photography for the BLG website.
- Work with the web master and IT on issues such as PDFs.
- Manage Advertising & Production Coordinator(s).
- Business acumen, management, leadership, communications, project management, teamwork, results orientation, strong client focus.
- Strong technical marketing skills including: advertising and media analysis, sponsorship analysis, production and copywriting, copy editing, proofreading, general creative skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with strong attention to grammatical detail
- Excellent editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organization, communication, and time management skills
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities within tight timelines
- Ability to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Availability to work overtime, when necessary