Connect with a Customer First Company! Hubbell Canada LP, Electrical Systems division (HES), is a leader in the design, manufacture and supply of quality electrical and communication products for industrial, commercial, institutional and retail market segments.
Hubbell Lighting Products provides total lighting solutions offering a comprehensive range of specification and commodity-grade indoor and outdoor lighting products for commercial, industrial, institutional and municipal applications. Our Lighting brands specialize in commercial fluorescent lighting, architectural down and track lighting, energy saving lighting controls, architectural outdoor lighting, sports lighting, landscape lighting, emergency/exit and harsh environment products.
We are currently seeking a knowledgeable and dynamic National Account Representative/Lighting & Controls Specialist to join our growing team.
You will be responsible for designing and implementing selling and marketing strategies geared to the development of National Accounts and Lighting Controls specifications and sales in Canada, you will support and work with the Lighting agency sales network for National Accounts for all products and the factory HCI sales group for Controls. You will assist in the coordination with Hubbell Controls Solutions in the US and Hubbell Marketing in Canada for new product launches and services support. Responsibility includes all Hubbell Lighting & Controls products sold in all markets on a national basis.
You are an outgoing and motivated professional who aspires to a dynamic career with a market leader. Ideally, you have a successful track record in professional selling and sales growth; possess a detailed knowledge of major projects, relevant post-secondary education, and are comfortable with MS Office and Windows applications. Most importantly, you are a skilled communicator who is entrepreneurial, autonomous, enjoys winning, and approaches business with enthusiasm and drive.
- Develop professional productive contacts with key personnel at target accounts.
- Coordination of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Meet assigned targets for sales volume and strategic objectives.
- Provide solution based support that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- Coordinate project specifications with engineers, architects, and contractors.
- Develop and document specifications for all Hubbell Lighting & Controls Solutions products.
- Communicate specifications through the Regional Manager(s) for both the HLI & HCI sales groups, were applicable.
- Conduct sales presentations and product/application training for both the HLI & HCI sales groups, were applicable.
- Provide sales/specifications assistance at end user accounts to secure projects which will benefit all regions and all Hubbell Canada sales groups.
- Develop an annual sales and marketing plan in support of the regional and divisional objectives for both the HLI & HCI sales groups, were applicable.
- Communicate with Lighting Marketing personnel (Canadian and U.S.) re new products, product modifications, controls support services and sales tools needed to better penetrate sales. Provide feedback on competitive information and practices. Support marketing activities with survey, planning, advertising, and sales promotion initiatives.
- Co-ordinate project management using Pipedrive with HLI & HCI Regional Managers and Hubbell Operations through to completion.
- Structure sales activities to capitalize on potential market/customer opportunities. Provide guidance in selling price negotiations with national/regional accounts.
- 10+ years’ progressive responsibility with sales or consulting experience, preferably in electrical industry
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university – Business, Technology or Engineering
- Project Management: Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Problem Solving Acumen: Ability to identify and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gather and analyze information skillfully; Develop alternative solutions; Work well in group problem solving situations
- Dynamic networking skills, with strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Computer Skills: Must have strong Microsoft Office, e-mail and other PC application skills
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.