At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today’s advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That’s why we’re a leader in next- generation cybersecurity—and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.
Proofpoint, Inc. is seeking a self-starting highly motivated sales professional to join our successful and growing Named Accounts organization. This team helps large enterprise organizations throughout the United States and the world protect their most sensitive data. Our new team member will have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals, and will have extensive experience as a trusted advisor to CISOs, CIOs and other C-level executives. This role will target accounts in a region and be based in Toronto, Canada.
The Named Account Manager will team up with our world class Sales Engineering Organization and our channels team to introduce Proofpoint to new customers, as well as to expand our presence with companies who are already part of our existing customer base.
The candidate who will best fit our culture will take great pride in delivering for customers and act with honesty and integrity. They will always operate as part of the team, strive for innovation, take initiative and be accountable, but most importantly, they will be here to win from day one.
- Have the ability to establish strong business relationships at the executive level, advanced solution selling capabilities, conducting sales presentations, coordinating multiple resources within an account, while consistently and successfully closing business for Proofpoint.
- Strive to both penetrate net new accounts as well as to expand our presence with existing customers by introducing them to the rest of our security portfolio.
- Partner with the channel organization in order to secure new share of the security market.
- Team up with our Sales/Systems Engineering team to prepare account strategies and plans, and to deliver outstanding product demos and proof of concept programs to prospects and customers.
- Last, but certainly not least, WIN!! Blow your quota out of the water!
What you bring to the team
- We are looking for an enterprise sales professional with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a field sales role selling to large enterprise organizations.
- Ideally we would like to see experience selling Enterprise Security or Information Technology products, but if you’re a “rockstar” from a different industry, we still want to talk to you!
- Must have a proven and demonstrable track record of exceeding sales goals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to clearly and effectively articulate Proofpoint’s value.
- Great sales people are organized, detail and process oriented.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and use good judgment in resolving difficult issues.
- Experience with SalesForce or similar CRM tools strongly preferred
- BA/BS or equivalent preferred.
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization with leading edge products, there are many exciting reasons to join the Proofpoint team. We believe in hiring the best the brightest and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. As we continue to grow and expand globally, we understand that hiring the right people and treating them well is key to our success! We are a multi-national company with locations in 10 countries, with each location contributing to Proofpoint’s amazing culture!