Bow Valley College is the largest and fastest growing Comprehensive Community College in Alberta. We have over 20 locations across southern Alberta helping 14,000 learners each year. Our mission is to contribute to the vitality of communities and strength of the economy through innovative adult education programs and services which equip students for successful living, lifelong learning, and employment in a global knowledge-based environment.
Why work at Bow Valley College? We have recently been named one of Alberta's Top 70 Employers for 2016. Bow Valley College is made up of employees who are committed to our learners´ success, as well as each other´s. Our staff and faculty consistently say it is the people who keep them at the College, the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our students, and the incredible support they receive from their co-workers and supervisors.
Academic Innovation & Applied Research is seeking two Media Developers - Programmers to join the Teaching & Learning Enhancement unit. Reporting to the Teaching & Learning Consultant (Projects Lead) the successful candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplined team. Teaching & Learning Enhancement is responsible for working collaboratively on the creation of curriculum for delivery in a variety of modalities. This position is responsible for constructing course content within the College's learning management system that has been designed by Subject Matter Experts and Instructional Designers. This is an opportunity to work with a variety of web applications, software and media development tools.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the creation and editing of web pages, preparing learning objects (using various types of codes, especially HTML5), assist with the creation of reports, desktop publishing, photo and image creation, electronic presentations and other activities.
- Assists in media development projects and assist with the development of learning resources
- Develops all types of web-application, software and media development
- Incorporate graphics, animations, digital audio, video or other multimedia elements
- Assists in the creation of reports, desktop publishing, photo and image creation, electronic presentations and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Diploma in a related field is required
- 1-2 years of experience
- Related degree or diploma or combination of equivalent education and work experience
- Intermediate skills in the use of Adobe CC Illustrator, AdobeCC Photoshop, AdobeCC Dreamweaver
- Skilled in the use of MS Office Suite, Brightspace by D2L, browsers (IE, Firefox, Sarfari)
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving and computer trouble shooting skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
There are several positions available - two Continuous, full-time roles; and one temporary role until September 2018.
Please note that all successful candidates will be required to provide government issued identification and proof of educational qualifications upon hire and may be required to provide an enhanced police information check.
Closing Date: 1/8/2017