Media Junkie? Advertising Enthusiast? We Want You!
Northlands Marketing Services is seeking a professional and dynamic Media Buyer! Whether it is K-Days, Canadian Finals Rodeo, thoroughbred horse racing, a concert by a third party promoter, or one of the many special events that happen at Northlands, we need someone who can help us let everyone else know!
Collaboratively, with our awesome marketing team, our Media Buyer is responsible for researching and recommending where we spend our advertising dollars to get our messages out there. Knowing all there is to know about media buying and consumer habits, you will set the strategy to take our creative campaigns public. We are a dynamic team, working in a fun environment, and invite you on our journey to excellence with the Northlands brand.
Key Responsibilities (include, but not limited to)
- Research and development of year-round and event specific advertising/media campaigns – includes providing costs, medium and demographic analysis, and where possible, negotiating year-round presence in major media areas and coordinating schedules for various internal departments and for offer to Northlands clients.
- Planning, negotiating, booking and execution of advertising efforts in conjunction with marketing team leads and production supervisor – includes supplying all mechanical and shipping instructions for all placements; project management timeline coordination to ensure delivery of ads; maintaining central database and samples of publications for on-going reference.
- Financial tracking of all advertising placements – includes purchase order issuing and invoice receiving; coordination of cross departmental budgets where needed; ongoing reporting to department and project leads.
- Media relationship development and maintenance – includes on-going communication with media sales force and partners.
- Collaboration with Promotions and Corporate Partnerships teams to leverage all money spent.
- Management of onsite marketing assets to ensure appropriate and timely placement – includes maintaining and directing schedules for advertising placements on digital signage, onsite billboards, countdown clocks, websites and any other campus-wide advertising opportunities; Develop strategies and recommendations for revenue areas.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of advertising agency experience or equivalent.
- Post-secondary degree in marketing, communications, English or journalism.
- Experience in a Mac/PC Work environment with Microsoft Word.
- Experience in negotiating and buying all types of media for diverse audiences and subject matter.
- Experience with industry standard media monitoring and analytic tools
- Expert time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines on numerous concurrent projects.
- Detail oriented and communication driven.
- The ability to think in visual terms is key.
- Proven team player.