Marketing Specialist full-time
Magna Electric Corporation (MEC) is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Marketing Specialist to join our team. Reporting to the Vice President, Business Development, the Marketing Specialist will primarily be responsible for the creation and design of corporate materials for MEC, as well as implementation of numerous marketing, advertising, and branding initiatives for the company using various communication mediums. The Marketing Specialist will ensure the marketing needs across the corporation are met and all marketing materials are consistent with overall MEC marketing and corporate branding strategy. The Marketing Specialist will also provide market research, strategic guidance, and creative assistance for MEC, and will serve as the subject matter expert for all marketing-related activities and initiatives.
MEC has locations in Calgary, Regina, Saskatoon, Swift Current and Winnipeg currently employs 400+ Engineers, Technologists, Electricians and office staff. We specialize in electrical engineering consulting and design, substation construction, shop services, field services, underground facilities locating, and training. MEC has been a preferred supplier for more than two decades for clients in the mining, oil and gas, utility, steel, and pulp and paper industries across Canada, the United States and in select International markets.? Our philosophy is to have the best people in the industry working in a satisfying, yet challenging position.? We offer a fun and exciting work environment, career development opportunities and a competitive salary and benefits package.
Qualifications & Skills:
- An undergraduate degree or diploma in Marketing, Business, Communications or other related program
- Extensive experience in a marketing-related field and proven capabilities in developing marketing materials using various communication mediums including print, visual and audio media, web, and social media
- An innovative and creative approach
- An advanced understanding and ability to utilize the latest design methods, practices, techniques, and associated principles
- Superior attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and a customer-service orientation
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Extensive knowledge of specialized design concepts, media, and software tools
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Illustrator, Quark Xpress, PageMaker, Acrobat, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office