Marketing Operations Specialist
Next Advisory (on behalf of our client) - Toronto, ON
As part of an ongoing organizational transformation fueled by growth, we are searching for a technically savvy marketing professional to successfully implement digital marketing best practices and manage our suite of marketing campaigns.
Operating in the direct B2B market, our client is a leading provider of on-line assessment tools that empowers businesses and organizations to hire, retain and develop the right people. They are located in downtown Toronto.
Entrepreneurial yet strategic, this is an environment where great people can have an exponential impact. Our client may be small, but they boast a customer list over the last 50 years that would be the envy of most organizations. Stable yet constantly challenging the status quo, they continue to execute their strategic plan by reinvesting profits into exceptional people and outstanding ideas.
In this newly created position, the Marketing Operations Specialist will contribute to the company’s top-line, organic growth through the design and implementation of marketing programs, and ensure accurate tracking and management of the lead flow. With a focus on producing actionable insight for our growing Sales and Marketing team, you’ll apply B2B marketing best practices to ensure that our lead generation and digital marketing efforts are efficient and effective.
Truly a hybrid, hands-on position; a typical day will likely include a range of activities, from the elements of program design through to the detailed execution of individual lead generation projects, always aligned with our overall strategic plan and our customers’ success.
- Be the main administrator for our corporate accounts with our CRM and Hubspot
- Own the configuration, maintenance, and reporting for all digital programs and email marketing through Hubspot
- Ensure accurate, standardized tracking and reporting in Hubspot and our CRM of all our on-going programs
- Run weekly reports and dashboards on program key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Database management: manage lead list imports, database cleaning, field updates, etc
- Assist in our segmentation approach and provide recommendations based on performance
- Proactively suggest and devise improvements to lead flow to increase conversion rates, both pre-click and post-click
- Be a champion for marketing and sales alignment, and offer on-going support for miscellaneous tasks for our sales development team
- Collaborate with design team to develop creative assets such as email headers, email templates, and landing page templates
- Collaborate with the sales and marketing team to design, implement and track the performance of market specific programs.
- Evaluate new tools and technology that will improve outcomes in email, lead flow, and analytics
- Partner with marketing program owners to support their campaigns and other efforts
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in a digital marketing role either in a direct B2B environment, with a software company, or marketing agency.
The skills profile includes:
- A genuine curiosity and passion for marketing operations
- Demonstrated strategic thinking with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Well rounded business acumen
- Ability to manage multiple competing initiatives and prioritize as appropriate
- Strong work ethic, a passion for success and track record of delivering on commitments
- Strong planning, project management, and analytical competencies
- Displays organizational and emotional intelligence
Your experience and qualifications likely includes:
- Hands on marketing operations experience; 2-5 years
- Hubspot; Hubspot Certified Expert a plus
- CRM management
- Google Analytics, LinkedIn/Facebook/Twitter Ad Platforms, Google AdWords, AdRoll
- Creation and analysis of dashboards and reports
- Bachelor’s degree