Do you love Edmonton? Are you the go-to person when it comes to planning a night out, always ready with a recommendation for the city’s most seasoned finds and hidden hotspots? As the Edmonton Community Manager, you’ll be a full-time Yelp employee (working out of your home or anywhere with WiFi) at the helm of a vibrant, buzzing community of locals who drink, shop and play their way through the city via peer recommendations on Yelp. Community Managers are driven, self-motivated, charismatic, and organized as they’re tasked with wrangling a slew of to-dos both on and offline, from writing and moderating to party planning and ringleading!
- Lives to write; writes to live. You know who you are... pencils down!
- Has a fire in the belly. Walks through walls. Takes no prisoners. In a word: driven. Even when no one is watching. Especially then.
- Social connector. You are the hub of your social world. You know everyone. Everyone knows you. The fun one. Diplomatic, too.
- You reside in Edmonton and consider yourself a local expert.
- Have more than a few years of post-graduate professional experience (existing Yelp community managers have 5 to 15 years).
About the job
- Writing. Write locally compelling newsletters weekly and inspiring reviews daily, as well as persuasive pitches to venue owners and marketing partners.
- Event planning. Conceptualize, negotiate, plan and execute cool, fun and buzz-worthy (big wow factor!) events/parties.
- Marketing outreach. Connect with the right local organizations, barter weekly newsletter sponsorships for promotion of Yelp.
- Socializing and adventuring. Meet up with yelpers. Attend civic events. See and be seen. In the scene. Be the Mayor. Always on.
- Communication. Be accountable with stellar communication to your peers and those who support you at Yelp HQ.
Other fun requirements
- 4-year college/university degree
- Currently living, eating, breathing (or working) in Edmonton
- Experience with social networking, guerrilla marketing tactics, and event planning
What’s a day in the life of a Yelp CM like? Check out this blog by our own Leighann F, Boston CM: http://officialblog...nager.html