Reporting to the Senior Team Leader Market Intelligence, the Consultant will provide advanced analytical and consultative market intelligence services that will enable the company to better understand its macro-environment, its customers, clients and intermediaries by developing tailored financial solutions catering to the need of our targeted markets and distribution networks.
To be successful the Consultant understands the industry, the markets we operate in as well as our product lines, he performs advanced market monitoring and analyses the external environment, provides non-standard market research and competitive intelligence in order to enable the organization to understand its environment, clients, intermediaries and its competitive landscape. He acts as the Subject Matter Expert for the Line Of Businesshe tracks, identifies opportunities and trends related to the market, products, distribution, sales and customers. He provides insights that enables the development of strategic, tactical and operational plans and sound decision-making.
- Analyzes external factors and market trends in order to identify potential business opportunities related to strategic growth objectives. Tracks and collects extensive data to conduct in-depth analysis in order to give and communicate timely Market Intelligence (MI) reports (e.g. competitive landscape, competitor profiles, market share analysis, product evaluation, best practices and benchmarking studies and opportunity identification) to key partners.
- Provides Market Intelligence (market, product, sales, Partners, client, customer and financial data) as well as advanced consulting mandates that translates into meaningful and useful insights to be used in the development of strategic, tactical and operational plans and in enabling fact based decision-making.
- Interacts with senior and middle managers (strategy, sales, product development, marketing and communication and customer experience) to understand their research or intelligence needs to share and present his findings, trends, and insights. Organizes and moderates working sessions with internal clients to translate findings into actionable items.
- Leads research projects, which may include requests for proposal (RFP) development, supplier selection, contract negotiation, review, quality control of questionnaire design, sample selection, field monitoring, data collection and analyses and presentations. Manages projects to their completion accurately, efficiently within scope and in a timely manner.
- Builds an effective network of internal and external partners. Maintain relationships with external suppliers of primary and secondary research.
- Is engaged in the continuous improvement and/or development of the department's strategy by making recommendations with regards to the development of new research and CI approaches.
- Leverages advance analytical skill set and in depth knowledge of LOB to respond to non-standard requests and to address ad-hoc information demands.
- Advanced analytical skills with the ability to understand search and interpret information and to provide rigour in data massaging
- University degree in a related field with five (5) years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of the financial services industry, specifically the retail market (Mutual Funds, Segregated Funds)
- Holding a Financial designation will be considered a plus (CFA, CFP, ASA, …)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and strong knowledge of MS Office including Access
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to handle prioritize and lead projects to completion
- Team work and ability to demonstrate innovation and “initiative” in his level of responsibilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, both in English and French, with ability to interact effectively with internal clients and external suppliers.