Modern Tribe is currently seeking a full-time Marketing Director to expand our marketing capabilities and drive new revenue opportunities across multiple lines of business. If implementing growth plans across multiple teams is your jam and you’re based in North America, let’s talk.
You’ll know this is the right role for you if you thrive on creative thinking, long-range strategic planning, campaign development, team management, and design-forward execution. You’ll get your hands dirty. This isn’t an armchair role.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for leading the marketing strategy of our digital products business, developing marketing offerings and capabilities for our services business, and assessing new SaaS-based business development opportunities. You should enjoy rolling up your sleeves to jump in and do both tactical and strategic work.
The Marketing Director is responsible for developing the high-level marketing roadmap, creating the annual budget, coordinating multi-channel digital strategy execution across business lines, developing metrics and measuring results across channels, building and leading our marketing teams, and working closely with senior leadership to regularly report on the efficacy of our marketing strategies.
You will submerse yourself into identifying who our customers are and how we can best reach them. Beware though, they are a pretty diverse, eccentric and creative people. 😉
This is NOT a Digital Strategy, PM, or Sales role. We have Digital Strategists that you will be working with to develop and execute a comprehensive long-term plan with our marketing team. This gig is focused on marketing, leadership, and management. Also, we’re predominantly a WordPress agency so you should have run some projects with the platform.
Your primary responsibility is to develop the high-level marketing roadmap for our business and manage the execution of those goals throughout our plugins, services, and SaaS lines of business.
Working alongside a project manager, you will be responsible for building the marketing function and developing a high performing team to support it through strategic planning, team leadership, and discipline management.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Define market growth objectives and identify new opportunities
- Develop strategic and tactical marketing plans, timelines, budgets
- Identify, measure and prioritize goals and KPIs
- Delegate project tasks and manage execution
- Lead and inspire a marketing team to deliver on-time and on-budget
- New product launch planning and promotions
- Oversee integrated marketing campaigns across common channels including SEO, SEM, email marketing, video distribution, social engagement, etc…
- Analysis, insight, and reporting for marketing initiatives and website results
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, with a methodical approach to all tasks
- Strong communication and/or experience working as part of a remote team
- Ability to prioritize own workload and work to exacting deadlines
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Desire to constantly learn about the industry
- Fluent English speaker
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum 5 years digital marketing experience, with at least 2 years experience marketing digital products with an expertise in SaaS. We will want to hear specific stories of your marketing success and leadership.
- At least 2+ years building, developing, and managing a marketing team
- Proven ability to direct design and development work on marketing projects
- Demonstrated success directing the marketing activities behind new digital product launches
- Advanced marketing skills in the areas of: segmentation, positioning, brand strategy, product strategy, and value proposition
- Strong business acumen – ability to understand how to pair marketing with branding initiatives and sales growth objectives
- Solid understanding of SaaS growth metrics and the ability to manage the marketing funnel
- Design training
- Significant experience working on projects for clients with $2M – $50M+ annual revenue
- Proven track record of building significant revenue growth for new product lines through digital marketing
- Strong B2C and B2SMB marketing or sales experience
- Proficiency in the following:
- Google Analytics
- eCommerce platforms
- PPC & paid social
- Funnel analysis and optimization
- Marketing automation
- Lead qualification
- Lead nuturing
- Familiarity with the WordPress community
- Experience marketing to International digital software users
- MySQL query writing for custom reports
- Experience with the freemium model
- B2B experience
Work from anywhere in the US or Canada; if you are in Central or South America, let’s talk. This will be a 100% remote position. If your working hours are in a timezone outside of the US range, but you work 5+ hours of overlap each day our team might be able to consider your application.
This role has a range of $90,000-$120,000 per year commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is a full time role.
Modern Tribe is committed to a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. We foster an environment of collaboration, open engagement, fairness and respect regardless of differences in age, race, disability, national origin, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. As a hybrid workspace ranging from distributed contractors to traditional employees, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of our global team.
We come from all walks of life. We are small business owners. We are tattoo aficionados and 80’s movie buffs and ex-pats. We are homeschool teachers. We are single parents. We are musicians, college drop-outs, and entrepreneurs. We are travelers, feminists, runners, volunteers, and makers. We are a Modern Tribe.
Everyday we strive to fulfill our motto: live well and do good work. We hope you will consider joining us.
Who We Are
Modern Tribe is a digital agency with a modern twist. We are a product company. We are educators. All freelancers. All experts. In today’s world, we get to be many things to many people.
We believe in making quality products for other people and ourselves, balanced by living quality lives. We are 100% distributed & our team is spread around North America (and a touch in Latin America & Europe). We believe in a class of artisans and craftsman in control of their work who solve people problems rather than just build more crap. We believe in a sustainable vision of open source, and contribute consistently into the ecosystem.
Who You Are
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work primarily with freelancers and coordinate their talents for large projects. To be on our team, you must be:
- HAPPY Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
- HELPFUL Always looking for ways that you can help others.
- CURIOUS It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
- ACCOUNTABLE Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.