KPMG Professionals Are...
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
- Strong work ethic
- Thrive on challenges
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service.
As part of the Regions West Marketing Group, the Marketing Coordinator role is an exciting and demanding role with direct contact with partners and client teams acting within defined areas of expertise. KPMG requires service delivery and project management of local proposals, marketing communications (including events, advertisements, service/office launches, etc), media relations, business development (targeting) and internal training. The Marketing Coordinator will be a member of an exciting, dynamic and fast-paced environment requiring working on more than one project at a time within tight deadlines.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Assist in managing the processes, generation, and distribution for marketing collateral and thought leadership.
- Lead proposal response by undertaking the planning, coordination, design and writing of the document, working effectively in a team as well as independently.
- Prepare oral presentation material supporting respective proposal opportunities.
- Assist with the internal communication system to ensure all levels of staff are aware of marketing activities.
- Collaborate with Partners, industry and functional business leaders to assess feasibility and implementation strategies.
- Contribute to the development of marketing plans to support the business and operational priorities.
- Coordinate market research as required regarding prospective clients, competition, existing clients, industry trends, etc.
- Coordinate the development and the implementation of programs that assist client service professionals to solidify relationships with clients and target companies (i.e. conferences, seminars, events, and communications).
- Coordinate with business and technical staff to gather the materials necessary to develop and produce presentations, fact sheets, service brochures, service bulletins, and other marketing collateral as required.
- Develop relationships with key industry associations to successfully position KPMG's leaders and industry practitioners in their industries.
- Follow global branding and compliance guidelines.
- Identify opportunities to differentiate KPMG in the marketplace.
- Leverage National Lines of Business/Functional and Industry marketing initiatives.
- Liaise with National Marketing - provide them with appropriate technical and functional strategies to complete their daily responsibilities.
- Provide direction to Graphics Specialist on the development and integration of graphics and text changes throughout the production process.
- Utilize KPMG’s Customer Relationship Management system for effectiveness and functionality.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
Skills & Qualifications
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and behaviours:
- University Degree in marketing, Communications or related fields.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of progressive marketing experience in a large firm setting, in which relationship building and business development support skills are required.
- Experience within a large professional services organization or similar matrix environment an asset.
- Ability to convince people of his/her ideas and gain acceptance at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to motivate and deal with resistance and other challenging situations.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment.
- Capacity to work effectively within deadlines and short time frames.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an energetic and proactive approach.
- Extensive experience in writing proposals, preparing business development support materials, and developing and implementing marketing plans.
- Proven ability to manage multiple, disparate projects through to completion interacting with a wide range of professionals.
- Results-oriented, with track record of achieving goals; strong implementation capability.
- Superior written and communication skills.
- Must be a quick study and self starter who is able to work with little day-to-day supervision.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
We lead by example | We work together | We respect the individual
We seek the facts and provide insight | We are open and honest in our communication
We are committed to our communities | Above all, we act with integrity