Western Financial Insurance Company is Canada's leading pet health insurance company, providing Petsecure Insurance, PurinaCare Pet Insurance, President's Choice Pet Insurance, HBC Pet Insurance and others. We continue to lead the industry with innovative new plans and forms of coverage that help make protecting pets easier, more convenient and affordable. We're proud to be one of Manitoba's Top 25 Employers for 2011.
Western Financial Group is built on Guiding Principles that recognize the value of our employees and encourage lifelong learning through education and training opportunities. We’re a company that is dedicated to giving back to the communities we serve... because we live here.
About The Opportunity
We are seeking a Full Time Marketing Coordinator in Winnipeg. The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for coordination of tradeshow participation, events and promotions, inventory management, as well as coordinating sponsorship and donation requests. This position also assists a variety of administrative tasks that support various marketing efforts.
In this role, you will contribute to achieving the goals of your team by:
- Coordinating and participating in tradeshows, Territory Manager Conference, Corporate events including booking the events, shipping the booths and all related duties, Maintaining an events calendar and ensuring all deadlines are met
- Coordinating the purchase of promotional items for tradeshows, sponsorships and staff
- Coordinating donation and sponsorship requests
- Assisting in coordinating advertising efforts
- Internal events – Chairing the Social Committee and organizing events including BBQ’s, Support the Cause, United Way, Habitat for Humanity. etc
- Working closely with Administrative Services team, maintaining accurate inventory counts of all marketing materials; advising Leader Marketing & Communications of re-order requirements
- Maintaining inventory of items at fulfillment centre and drug distribution centres
- Acting as primary shipper and receiver of all marketing materials
- Maintaining inventory in storage area (requires stocking shelves with 30 lb boxes)
- Fulfilling shipping requests from National Channel Sales Coordinator, Regional Channel Managers, Territory Managers, and Clinics
- Printing all in-house marketing materials including Territory Managers tools, training documents and French marketing materials
- Coordinating aspects of strategic partner relationships and programs
- Creating marketing program summaries for intranet
- Editing and proof-reading marketing materials as required
- Responsible for taking and processing photographs for Employees Corporate profiles, all internal events in conjunction with L & D and the Web Designer
- Miscellaneous marketing and administrative tasks as required
We are seeking the following experience, skills, and capabilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communications skills required
- Valid Driver’s license and reliable vehicle a requirement
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects at once
- Creative, enthusiastic individual with great attention to detail
- Ability to build and maintain effective business relationships
- Desktop publishing experience including working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, considered an asset.
- Experience in event and tradeshow planning and execution considered an asset.
- Strong computer background including expertise in MS Word and Excel
- High school diploma required; relevant post-secondary diploma/degree considered an asset
Your values will align with the Guiding Principles of Western Financial Group:
- Truthfulness - It is the foundation of our business. We believe that frank, accurate and honest communication is always in everyone's best interest.
- Fairness - We are advocates for our customers and shareholders and the trusted representatives for our suppliers. Our credibility rests on our determination to see that everyone gets what they deserve.
- Value - We believe that nobody owes us a living. Our skills and knowledge must generate meaningful, positive results for all concerned. We will strive to be the best we can be.
- Loyalty - We place our faith in long-term relationships, through thick and thin. We support our communities.
Western Financial Group offers robust compensation and benefits packages including:
- Competitive salaries
- Group health and dental benefits plan 100% paid by Western Financial Group
- Minimum 3 week vacation, personal days & sick days
- Training and development opportunities
- Employer matched RSP program and Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Much more!