Be part of the growing Device line of business at HUAWEI and earn an opportunity to shape the way Canadians view and interact with technology. Our products include Smart Phones, Mobile Internet Devices, and Home Devices with plans for leading edge innovation along all product lines.
At present we have an exciting opportunity for a Bilingual (English & French) Marketing Coordinator based in Montreal, Canada. This position will start with a 6 months contract and is renewable upon successful performance review.
The Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for executing all regional marketing activities including regional and national promotions, programs and events. These responsibilities will include ensuring that Carrier marketing promotions and programs are executed on the frontline level within the carrier channels by translating plans into measurable actions. The Marketing Coordinator will also be responsible for performing all marketing-specific administrative duties such as payment, sourcing and internal approval processing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Event management (25%- 35%)
- Obtain quotes from multiple vendors to select a vendor for each necessary function in support of the event (E.g. venue, catering, entertainment, etc.)
- Manage vendor relationships and process legal agreements and invoices
- Plan and manage the execution on-site for local and multi-city carrier and branding events
- Report on the results of each event according to pre-determined evaluation criteria
Sales Training (30% - 40%)
- Gather necessary information to fulfill training requirements
- Develop and/or translate bilingual (English & French) professional and engaging training material (E.g. sales sheets, training presentations etc.)
- Plan and conduct bilingual (English & French) training sessions (E.g. tele conference, web-based training, live training sessions etc.)
- Schedule and conduct bilingual (English & French) store visits to ensure ongoing training support
- Report on training sessions and store-visit findings
Project/Program Management (20% - 30%)
- Execute carrier marketing activities through setting project milestones, involving key stakeholders and reporting
- Planning and conducting market research projects
- Executing bilingual (English & French) social media outreach
- Develop and/or translate bilingual (English & French) product documentation to support procut launches
Administrative Marketing Duties (5%)
The successful candidate must have the diligent attention to detail required to execute administrative marketing duties in support of all marketing activities. These administrative duties will include:
- Maintain record of vendors and quotes
- Maintain expense records for all marketing activities
- Maintain legal document records (E.g. vendor agreements, carrier marketing activity agreements, payment confirmations etc.,)
- Process internal approvals for device and merchandise procurement, vendor acceptance, and marketing activity acceptance
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (Refers to the job, not the incumbent)
Education and/or Certifications/Licensures:
Minimum: Undergraduate Degree
Preferred: Specialization in Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Design
Relevant Work Experience: 1-3 years of customer-facing marketing experience
Skills (Technical or General):
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Fluency with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Fluency with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator would be beneficial
- Bilingual in French and English, written and spoken fluency required
Travel: In any given week the Marketing Coordinator will be expected to travel 25%-50% of the time.
Physical Demand: When managing events the Marketing Coordinator will need to be able to perform event setup and take down of display tables, signage and other items as necessary (may need to carry/lift items up to 20 - 25 lbs).
Hours of Work: 30 - 35 hours/week; some evenings and weekends required depending on business needs.
- Home Office: project management and marketing administrative duties will be executed at your home office
- Retail stores / Customer Corporate Offices: sales training will be delivered to sales reps onsite at retail stores or customer's corporate offices
- Depending on the marketing events there may be a mixed variety of event venues the marketing coordinator will be visiting