SMARDT CHILLER GROUP INC is the world’s largest manufacturer of oil-free centrifugal chillers. Based in Montreal, with factories in Melbourne, Australia, Plattsburgh, New York and Montreal, Smardt’s high efficiency machines are driving rapid growth across several key world markets. The group now has an opening for a Marketing & Communications Specialist to join our team.
Job Summary: Produce external communications materials, provide editorial support for internal & external audiences, support event coordination and participate in the development and implementation of Marketing & Communications strategies for the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop collateral material, advertisements, promotional material…etc.
- Prepare written customer and rep communication documents such as newsletters, and presentations.
- Support the development and execution of the Marketing & Communications Plan.
- Leverage online media to ensure widespread communication of key messages.
- Manages and implements lead generation programs through effective promotional campaigns and industry wide outreach efforts.
- Manage strategic and tactical direction of advertising program to technical trade magazines and associations.
- Help coordinate and attend key trade shows and customer events.
- Develop and execute integrated marketing strategies.
- Must have strong MS Office Suite skills: Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point
- Ability to accommodate a moderate travel schedule
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, PhotoShop, InDesign, and Quark Xpress.
- Experience and knowledge of utilizing customer resource management tools.
- Ability to communicate in Fluent oral and written, desired.
Education / Experience
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related area.
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years experience in a similar role.
The candidate must be self-motivated, a strong team player, display initiative and be prepared for all future challenges this position will bring.