Are you seeking:
- A fast-paced, innovative work environment where your hard work is valued and appreciated?
- A warm, friendly, helpful employee culture?
- An excellent opportunity to progress your career
We are looking for:
- The right fit; extremely meticulous, driven and focused.
- A self motivated individual who has the desire and capability to work well within the team.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This role is responsible for a wide range of internal communications and external communication activities to support Kitco in its communication with its employees and customers. The major focus is to deliver the brand and marketing message to internal and external stakeholders and to drive traffic to the website through event and marketing based tactics in order to increase leads and thus sales to our online store, retail locations and call centers. The manager will do this for North American market and coordinate and guide strategy with the Asian team. The Manager will be responsible for building his/her team to accomplish the above goal and achieve the below tactics.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Build and recruit a team of highly competent and professional employees
- Responsible for the day to day tasks of his/her direct reports
- Manage resource allocation and forecast staff requirements
- Coach and develop team members to excel in their functions
- Provide leadership, instructions, and guidance to employees in achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Ascertain that the team adheres to all policies and procedures as outlined by Kitco
- Give both informal and formal feedback to staff. This includes bi annual performance reviews as well as day-to-day feedback
- Assure proper communication between departments and work collaboratively across departments and foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Embody and communicates Kitco’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Manage monthly employee newsletter
- Plan, develop and implement employee communications plans designed to build understanding and alignment with our corporate strategy
- Build company intranet
- Write, gather and publish content, message and communications materials for the company intranet and internal meetings
- Provide support and counsel to Human Resources for initiatives requiring strategic communications support
- Lead cross-functional internal communications team
- Develop a customer welcome program
- Develop, build and promote customer referral programs
- Manage the customer satisfaction program and strategy with customer service (NPS)
- Develop content for marketing campaigns: white papers, webinars, educational content, videos
- Build network of contributors to help build educational content
- Build network of partners to host local events to promote precious metals in a portfolio (e.g. financial planners)
- Manage external online marketing campaigns
- Build external branding re-launch
- Define retail standards: merchandising
- Manage and evolve content of our corporate website Responsible for building strategy for public relations: network, content, press releases (product promotion)
- Identify opportunities for building our brand and awareness of Kitco expertise: events, tradeshows, advertising
- Organize and coordinate events
- Find opportunities to promote Kitco brand
- Build strategy to increase Kitco awareness in key markets: events, philanthropy, PR, advertising
- Define and formalize Kitco’s social media standards globally
- Maintain and evolve Kitco’s social media standards
- Monitor Kitco in social media space
- Engage in social media building Kitco’s engagement: fans, followers
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent writing and proof reading skills as well as demonstrated ability to create professional, interesting and impactful messaging within an organization.
- Knowledge of media relations including media material development, process and coverage analysis
- Must be highly detail oriented with an ability to manage and prioritize competing assignments
- Strong public speaking, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Budget and project management skills
- Strong organization and planning skills with a proven ability to manage small projects
- Experience organizing events: trade shows, webinars
- Managed internal or external news letters
TECHNICAL / PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES (EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE)
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, business or related field (equivalent experience considered).
- At least 8 years+ of proven and progressive marketing experience.
- 5 years plus managing a team
- Experience managing corporate social media strategies
- Good knowledge of SEO – content management
- Experience managing corporate image
- Experience in managing online marketing campaigns
GENERAL OR PERSONAL COMPETENCIES
- Strong project management, communications and organizational skills
- Ability to write with a creative sales and marketing approach
- Ability to communicate confidently across all levels
- Strong customer service focus and team player
Since 1977, we have delivered a wide range of precious metal products and services to our customers and we are proud to have offices located worldwide including, Canada, United States and Hong Kong.
We believe in our employees and their capabilities and we encourage them to discover opportunities for growth and further success within Kitco. We reward, appreciate & acknowledge our employees accomplishments & initiatives through employee recognition programs and awards. We offer a positive, friendly work environment, many extracurricular activities such as sports teams, inter-departmental committees and opportunities for continuous training & development.
At Kitco, excellence is neither an occurrence nor an achievement, but an ongoing pursuit that leads to success. For more information we invite you to visit our corporate website at: http://corp.kitco.co..enter.html
Apply at Kitco for an opportunity to discover your full potential!
What you can look forward to:
- Innovative, progressive, friendly and open work environment
- Career advancement opportunities
- Continuous training and development
- Employee reward and recognition programs
- Inter-departmental social, fitness and communications committees
- Recreational sports teams such as hockey, softball, soccer and volleyball
- Group Insurance
- And much much more...