Nova Scotia Community College is committed to working individually and collectively with its employees to achieve our mission – Building Nova Scotia’s Economy and Quality of Life through Education and Innovation. By building on employee strengths and promoting employee growth we will achieve our vision of transforming Nova Scotia one learner at a time.
NSCC is committed to its values of diversity and inclusion. We provide an environment that welcomes and embraces individuals from diverse communities. We take every opportunity to become more inclusive. We encourage applications from qualified candidates from all diverse communities including but not limited to aboriginal persons, racially visible persons, people with disabilities, women in non-traditional roles. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so by completing an online questionnaire with your application.
The Opportunity: NSCC’s marketing team is looking for a Marketing Associate. Reporting to the Marketing Manager the Associate will assist in the development and implementation of marketing projects and campaigns supporting our key college, program, and campus initiatives.
As part of this role, you work directly with internal clients (from college departments and campus teams) and outside vendors to plan, create and produce marketing communications, materials, presentations and other related content. You also will assist the marketing team with ongoing research and help to source input, ideas and best practices to enhance our understanding of market needs and opportunities.
- Related post-secondary diploma with an emphasis on marketing, combined with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a marketing environment. Please be advised that a related degree with an emphasis on marketing would be considered an asset.
- Strong writing, communications and client relationship skills
- Digital savvy with good ability to use, organize and manage digital files
- Self-motivated learner with a good ability to collaborate with internal teams and manage projects and organize tasks
- Knowledge and experience working with web, online communications and social media
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Application deadline January 23, 2014 at 4 pm
NSCC offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package. As a learning-centred organization, we provide opportunities for every NSCC employee to be a life-long learner.
Candidates selected for interviews will be expected to provide recent, relevant references. The successful candidate will be expected to provide official transcripts to show proof of academic achievements.