WHO WE ARE
Modo is about transforming communities by connecting people with places in a way that’s affordable, convenient, inclusive and sustainable. We are a pioneer in the carshare sector. In fact, we were the first to open shop in Vancouver and Victoria back in 1997. Modo has remained the only member-owned carshare co-operative – driven by people – and fueled by our desire to create more livable communities by reducing our collective dependency on car ownership. Our promise is to provide exceptional value, convenience, choice and an enjoyable carsharing experience. Modo’s employees take pride in being part of an inclusive, passionate, and growing team.
WHAT OUR MARKETING AND SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST WILL DO
You will produce engaging content and materials for all of Modo’s marketing and communication channels, and work closely with both internal and external stakeholders to uphold Modo’s brand. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Business Development, you will manage Modo’s social media channels, collaborate with social influencers and manage the Ambassador and Community Exchange programs. You will support Modo’s business development team with promotional materials and assist with coordinating all aspects of media outreach. For Modo’s Partnership and Sponsorship Agreements, you will attend or coordinate volunteers for events when required and ensure deliverables are met. You’ll work with all other functional areas at Modo to ensure all of Modo’s brand assets – from marketing collateral to vehicle decaling and images to web content – are well maintained.
The skills and qualifications we are looking for include, but are not limited to, the following:
- A degree or diploma in Marketing or a related field
- A minimum of two years working in a related Marketing or Communications role
- Previous experience managing multiple social media channels, building brand awareness online and upholding a brand voice on various channels
- Demonstrated understanding of market segmentation and marketing research
- Previous experience with project planning and coordination
- Advanced skill in Photoshop and other image editing/graphics tools would be a great asset
THE ATTRIBUTES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our business is built on exceptional member service. We set the bar high with our standards of service and strive to exceed member expectations. To excel in this position, you need to be prepared to deliver outstanding service by having:
A true passion for capturing the essence of a values-based brand and communicating that essence through and through
- Exceptional communication skills – verbal and written – with emphasis on strong writing abilities
- The utmost of professionalism and attention to detail
- Strong ability to multi-task and to use sound judgement in prioritizing activities
- Strong personal initiative and the ability to work independently without hand-holding
- A service-oriented attitude and willingness to pitch in and collaborate
WHAT WE OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES
Modo attracts and retains the best. This is an exciting time for Modo and this position provides an opportunity to make your mark in an evolving industry. We are a fun and friendly company with a personable and professional member service offering. If you like working with a successful team and representing a longstanding, recognized and well-respected brand, this job would be perfect for you. We have plans for growth and maximizing member service and want the right people to grow with us.
You’ll be trained by our incumbent Marketing and Social Media Specialist, and have continued support from a close-knit team who are committed to your success. We offer a competitive wage based on experience and vacation pay.