Hatch Mott MacDonald (HMM) is an award-winning consulting engineering firm with major success in the fields of rail and transit; highways and bridges; water and water resources; wastewater; tunnels; environment; municipal engineering; aviation; ports and harbors; architectural services; and pipeline services. We have earned a reputation for technical excellence on some of the world’s most prominent and challenging projects. HMM is a rapidly growing firm with over 65 offices throughout North America, providing a full range of engineering services, from planning and design through construction management. We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our dynamic team of professionals in locations throughout the US and Canada.
Hatch Mott MacDonald's Halifax office is seeking a professional Marketing and Proposal Specialist to join our team. Reporting to the Strategic Planning & Business Development Manager for Canada East, the Marketing and Proposal Specialist will assist in the implementation of division and/or group-specific marketing initiatives in the context of Canada East operations objectives.
In this role, the Marketing and Proposal Specialist will be responsible for event planning, statement of qualifications and proposals, and promotional activities. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Implementing consistency across all forms of communication.
- Implementing the proposal process by playing a lead role in the full-cycle of proposal generation.
- Assisting with client/industry event planning and execution.
- Coordinating award submissions.
- Maintaining an up-to-date database of project profiles and staff resumes.
- Providing graphic support for presentations, proposals and other promotional material.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A university degree in marketing, business or relate(consideration to graduates in sciences or engineering with a strong marketing background).
- Two (2) to four (4) years of direct work experience in marketing capacity within a professional services firm.
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and experience with InDesign and Photoshop would be a definite asset.
- Outstanding written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Energetic, self-motivated, proactive and results-oriented.
- Proven team player who is both flexible and adaptable.