St. Joseph Media is Canada's third largest magazine publisher with brands including award-winning titles such as Toronto Life, FASHION, Weddingbells, MARIAGE Québec, Where Canada magazines, Canadian Family and Quill & Quire.
POSITION: Marketing and Promotions Manager
REPORTS TO: Publisher, Toronto Life Magazine
DEPARTMENT: Toronto Life
LOCATION: Downtown Toronto
STATUS: 1 year contract (with potential for extension)
Reporting to and working directly with the Publisher of Toronto Life, the role of the Marketing and Promotions Manager will help build wealth creation strategies through innovative and creative marketing plans in partnership with the business’s key stakeholders. The successful candidate knows how to create, champion and execute creative marketing plans that will drive revenue, build brand equity and raise the profile of the Toronto Life brand and its key brand members. The successful candidate understands how to create brand cachet and translate that into revenue. Our candidate is an articulate, well-read/researched professional always prepared for their audience. The right candidate is comfortable in a newly established role that will require a high level of initiative, hands on work and is ready to hit the ground running.
- Develop marketing and brand positioning strategies for Toronto Life.
- Identify, negotiate and manage brand-building opportunities, sponsorships, and partnerships that accompany revenue generation mandates.
- Partnership development with cultural, sports, arts, entertainment, municipal and other stakeholders.
- Support the sales team with custom promotional concepts to be used in sales presentations.
- Work with the print and online sales teams to create synergies to develop effective joint sales and marketing program opportunities.
- Conceptualize and manage Toronto Life events, marketing and promotional activities. Generate event sponsorship and partnership revenue in collaboration with the sales team, where appropriate.
- Build sales promotion programs to create strong brand presence with Toronto Life in the ad community and beyond.
- Support sponsorship agreements and promotional partnerships by ensuring that obligations are fulfilled by both parties with results tracked and measured.
- Work with creative marketing, editorial and sales departments to support promotional concepts and pitches.
- Help support event logistics and execution (including applicable evenings and weekends, where required).
- Support the media relations department to proactively generate media coverage for Toronto Life.
- Support the media relations department to plan and execute media relation requirements and logistics.
As an ideal candidate you have:
- 5-7+ years’ experience in a lead marketing/sales and promotions role,
- a post-secondary education in marketing, communications or a related field,
- fluency in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel,
- big picture thinking with a love of brainstorming,
- a hands on approach that can handle a variety of tasks big or small,
- exceptional written and verbal communication skills,
- excellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy,
- a disposition that can deal with and speak to all levels of business partners and industry personas,
- ability to work independently but also collaborate successfully in a team environment,
- accuracy, attention to detail and strong organization skills,
- highly regarded prioritization and skill for working to deadlines, and
- a drive for results.