“We care about the work we do-and we're looking for new colleagues who do, too.”
For over 70 years, and across six provinces we've been a leading diversified health services partner for individuals, plan sponsors, plan advisors and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. We support the health and wellness of our employees and their families with various wellness programs and resources to support their personal and professional growth.
We're a team of 1,900 colleagues dedicated to collaboration, innovation, customer service, and committed to work-life balance, community involvement and career development which is why Medavie Blue Cross is recognized as a Top 100 Employer, one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures and one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers.
Are you looking to gain valuable experience in Marketing and Communications? Do you feed off of team collaboration, analytics, and creative thinking - all in the same day? Are you passionate about grammar? Is organization your jam? Do you love being the glue to hold everything together? If so, we really need to talk!
What this role is about:
The Marketing and Communications Co-ordinator is responsible for supporting the Marketing and Communications team in the positioning and promotion of our products and services, which includes: production co-ordination, the development and implementation of strategic marketing and communications plans, database management, project support, and external email co-ordination. The Marketing Co-ordinator works closely with many areas of the company, including Sales, Corporate Communications, Purchasing, Mail, Accounts Payable, Graphic Design and Individual Marketing to implement Marketing initiatives.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordinating production requests, ensuring all info is received before assigning, and ensuring deadlines are met;
- Analyzing information, assessing available channels, ensuring compliance with brand standards and writing style guidelines, and publishing communications pieces within deadlines;
- Reviewing, preparing and writing a variety of written communication materials for various communication channels including, but not limited to, e-newsletters, Sales/Marketing collateral and advertising copy, web content, survey reports, educational materials, blogs, and social media content;
- Collaborating with internal business leaders, Individual Marketing, and Corporate Communications team members on assigned projects;
- Co-ordinating and laying out external emails, ensuring Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) compliance, and assisting with contact list maintenance;
- Analyzing, tracking, and reporting on the effectiveness of Marketing and Communications activities;
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of marketing and communications approaches and processes through continuous learning initiatives;
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of the insurance industry and our competitors, and providing recommendations for company positioning; and
- Recommending process improvement initiatives to improve efficiencies and quality of work.
Our team’s responsibilities
The Corporate Communications and Marketing team is responsible for enterprise and group business marketing, communications strategies, and activities including public, social and media relations, issues management, corporate branding, internal communications, digital marketing and communications, community relations, corporate events and the development and production of marketing and communications materials for group and individual health benefits products, government administered programs and selected activities for Blue Cross Life.
Who we are?
With over one million cardholders and the country’s leading Blue Cross Plan, Medavie Blue Cross a not-for-profit organization that provides health, dental, travel, life and income replacement products to small and large companies and individual customers. We also administer various government sponsored health programs on behalf of provincial and federal governments, including Veterans Affairs Canada, and Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada.
We are part of the broader Medavie organization that, with almost 6,000 employees combined, includes Medavie EMS, the largest provider of Emergency Medical Services in Canada and largest ambulance operator in Massachusetts.
Our commitment to a different kind of health care is further evidenced in the Medavie Health Foundation, where we channel 10 per cent of annual net income to improve the health of Canadians in the areas of child and youth mental health and type 2 diabetes.
What are we looking for?
Education: Post-secondary diploma or degree with a focus in marketing/communications or equivalent experience.
Work Experience: Two years of experience in a marketing/communications role, including developing and co-ordinating marketing/communications campaigns involving multiple stakeholders.
- Enjoy working in a truly collaborative environment with a strong team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strategic thinker with the ability to build and work cohesively with inter-departmental teams
- Excellent research skills
- Management of internal and external speakers
- Project management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of industry trends and insight into relevant new media
- Ability to handle multiple assignments while meeting corporate deadlines
- Ability to accept feedback and work graciously under pressure
- Ability to write engaging content is considered a strong asset
- Flexible to work outside of standard business hours
Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Graphic design and video editing skills are considered assets.
Language Skills: Bilingualism (French and English) is considered a strong asset for this position.
If you are interested in working with a team of professionals in a challenging role and you possess the necessary qualifications, please follow the instructions for applying online via the Medavie Blue Cross Corporate website by clicking on Apply Now.
Canadian Citizenship - Please indicate in your application the reason you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.