At PPG (NYSE:PPG), we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries and reported net sales of $15.3 billion in 2015. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets.
We are currently looking for a Market Sales Manager to join our Lowe's team in Calgary, AB.
As a Market Sales Manager, you will be responsible for delivering exceptional customer service and to maximize retail and commercial sales performance within the assigned market both through individual efforts and by overseeing a third party agency team. Within Lowe’s, you'll develop strong relationships with the regional and market management teams to build sales strategies and drive top line sales growth
As a Market Sales Manager you will…
- Lead, coach, mentor and develop a high performing agency team, driving sales and ensuring sales driven culture of selling and relationship building to support sales growth.
- Ensure all National initiatives are executed flawlessly within the market and contribute to building a national sales strategy.
- Ensure successful use of sales programs and measurement reports/tools.
- Analyze territory performance reports, develop strategic sales territory business plans and maintain expenses set within budgetary guidelines.
- Understand territory, market, customers and competition to develop marketing efforts and leverage sales opportunities. Sales will be driven independently without the support of an agency team in select stores.
- Participate in store specific events, weekend and after hours training events, seasonal training and other events as scheduled.
- Monitor and report on agency employee’s in-store completion of assigned tasks.
PPG Architectural Coatings impressive line-up of residential, commercial, and industrial paint brands offers a wide range of choices to meet everyone's needs – from consumers to interior designers, painting contractors to property managers, and developers to architects.
What you will bring to the team…
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant experience preferred.
- 3 + years people management experience with developing high-performing, multi-functioning teams, embracing and managing change while motivating, coaching and mentoring a sales team.
- 5 + years successful sales growth experience including 5 + years in Consumer Sales in both DIY and professional business.
- Strategic, creative thinking with strong business and financial acumen.
- Ability to build relationships with and influence a wide array of personality types from diverse backgrounds.
- Solid computer/ time management/prioritization skills, strong oral and written presentation skills.
- Skilled at building internal and external management level relationships.
- Self-directed/motivated and drive for results oriented.
- Strong market and industry knowledge, particularly Lowe’s and/or other similar DIY “Big Box” sales organizations.
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- The ability to lift up to 65 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to work and travel within assigned territory at a minimum of 60% – Periodic evening and weekend hours required for trade organization meetings and customer events, etc.
PPG offers a competitive base salary, incentive plan, flexible benefits, pension plan and a company fleet vehicle. As a part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check and provide a clear driver’s abstract.
We thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.