Marriott International offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that’s right for you. With more than 4400 properties and 19 brands you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 87 countries across the globe. Find Your World™ at Marriott.
Oversees a team of revenue management associates for a set of hotels and functions as the strategic business leader of revenue strategy for the given market. Responsible for maximizing revenue and profit associated with rooms and function space for different lodging products within the cluster. Position is accountable for pricing, positioning and inventory management of transient, group and catering. Oversees all the processes associated with demand, revenue, forecasting, inventory management and opportunity analysis. Works closely with the hotel GM and sales strategy team to develop the hotel(s)’ sales strategy and ensure implementation. Identifies future revenue opportunities and effectively communicates strategies to the sales organization.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 6 years experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Revenue Management Projects and Strategy
- Provides market strategy expertise and leadership to general managers, property leadership teams and sales leaders.
- Develops the Business Outlook Strategy.
- Determines sales strategies and communicates to sales leadership, marketing communications teams and property leadership.
- Establishes and maintains effective and rational pricing strategies for rooms and function space.
- Develops and executes the hotel(s) strategic plan(s).
- Oversees the annual pricing process for transient, group and catering rooms, function space and audio-visual.
- Provides critical input to market leaders for development of property and overall market sales strategy.
- Ensures hotel strategies conform to brand philosophies and initiatives.
- Ensures that sales strategies and rate restrictions are communicated, implemented and modified as market conditions fluctuate.
- Prepares sales strategy meeting agenda, supporting documentation and leads property and/or cluster meetings.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders (owners, corporate, guests, etc.).
- Updates market knowledge and aligns strategies and approaches accordingly.
- Establishes long-range objectives and specifies the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Works closely with Sales and Marketing for business opportunities, aims to increase profitability of the organization.
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Takes a predetermined strategy and drives the execution of that strategy.
- Thinks creatively and practically to develop, execute and implement new business plans.
- Attends meetings to plan, organize, prioritize, coordinate and manage activities and solutions.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Develops 6-month, 12-month and 2-year strategic action plans for management of cluster transient revenues.
- Manages inventory to maximize cluster rooms revenue.
- Ensures property diagnostic processes (PDP) are used to maximize revenue and profits.
- Initiates, implements and evaluates revenue tests.
Analyzing and Reporting Revenue Management Data
- Analyzes competitive sets, price positioning, seasonality, mix and displacement on a continuous basis.
- Conducts sales strategy analysis and refines as appropriate to increase market share for all properties.
- Assists hotels with pricing and provides input on business evaluation recommendations.
- Analyzes period end and other available systems data to identify trends, future need periods and obstacles to achieving goals.
- Generates updates on transient segment each period.
- Works with Market VP, Market GM and GM’s to assist in pricing analyses for all products in Market.
- Compiles information, analyzes and monitors actual sales against projected sales.
- Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Translates or explains what information means and how it can be used.
- Evaluates effectiveness of property participation in electronic sales channels.
- Assists with account diagnostics process and validates conclusions.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Interviews and hires employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the units.
- Develops, implements and maintains a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position and monitors progress.
- Conducts employee performance appraisals according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
- Solicits feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems and concerns.
- Ensures regular on-going communication is happening in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations, recognize performance and produce desired business results.
Building Successful Relationships
- Identifies and communicates revenue and profit opportunities to property leadership teams and sales organization.
- Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.
- Provides targeted and timely communication of results, achievements and challenges to the stakeholders.