We are looking for candidates to fill a position of Manager, Sales & Marketing – Maritimes at our operation in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Under the supervision of the General Manager
Your responsibilities will be
- Responsible for business development and marketing in a specific sales territory and/or customer group;
- Negotiate and conclude various cargo handling contracts;
- Service all aspects of the client relationship including strategic opportunities as well as tactical issues including but not limited to cargo volumes, follow-ups, invoicing;
- Assist in developing short-term and long-term business plans for customer service strategies;
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of the Canadian transportation industry as a whole and of Logistec’s strategic network with the goal of driving increased business opportunities;
- Develop and maintain a strong network of relationships across the industry to identify, cultivate and deliver logistics solutions and growth opportunities for Logistec;
- Meet and exceed individual and team revenue and profit targets.
- Bachelor degree in Commerce or a related field
- 5-10 years sales and marketing experience preferably in the shipping or logistics industry
- Demonstrate or have the ability and willingness to develop a strong working knowledge of vessel operations and cargo handling matters pertaining to the general cargo, bulk and container sectors;
- Strong financial and analytical skills;
- Results oriented, strategic thinker;
- Attention to detail with the ability to endorse a business plan;
- Ability and willingness to travel in North America and some occasional overseas travel is required;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Fluently bilingual in French and English is preferred (written and spoken).
This job has expired or been closed by the employer, please visit our home page